Home Forums The Kitchen Conan Rise of Monsters

This topic contains 10 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Universal Head 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

8th
    Participant

Conan Rise of Monsters is back on KS, but expensive with painted minatures, so I won’t be backing.

Rules, cards etc are at rpgnow for free, so may be cheap alternative to use with Monoliths Conan minis.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2060871444/conan-rise-of-monsters-relaunch/description

Universal Head
    Keymaster

I feel for these guys, but I reckon they would have been better to have waited longer until all the Monolith Conan dust had settled. Everyone’s probably a bit Conaned out! I know I am. 🙂 The figures aren’t exceptional either and they’re certainly not being sold by those amateurish paint jobs.

It would really suck to put a lot of effort into developing a game and then have someone else release a successful one with the same theme just before you.

Gracious of them to plug other Conan games at the end of their page.

briscoe999
    Participant

I just downloaded the Conan rules and cards from Drive Thru RPG. I figured what the heck – if the CROM rule system is good, it can be another alternative game to play with all my Conan Monolith miniatures (as 8th Pagan had suggested). The only thing is to be able to download the (4) free files – you have to create an account with Drive Thru RPG. I think the only things missing are the special dice (of which d6’s can be substituted) and the “real” CROM miniatures which can be EASILY proxied if one has the Monolith Conan game.

I took a look at what the prices are for the Conan Rise of Monsters KS – and because of several reasons i will not be purchasing it (price too high for what you get, I already have the Monolith Conan game with several expansions, I already downloaded the rules and cards for the CROM game, etc.)

I am a HUGE fan of Conan – but I dont think i need another Conan miniatures game….as it is I also have the Age of Conan boardgame and expansion!!

8th
    Participant

Can’t believe you didn’t have a drive thru account already…

With Star Wars rpg beta they provided templates for the dice to print your own. I couldn’t find any in the pdfs for CROM which is a pity.

briscoe999
    Participant

@The8thPagan – LOL, actually i myself did already have an account at DriveThruRPG – but i figured i mention that you would need to set one up for anybody else interested in downloading the Conan pdf’s.

Uthoroc
    Uthoroc
    Participant

And there the project has been cancelled. They obviously didn’t get the kind of response they were expecting.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Seriously, I could see that coming ten miles off. Too much Conan stuff at the moment.

8th
    Participant

Although I wasn’t going to back something so expensive, sad to see it fail and be cancelled completely.

Painted was not the way to go it seems.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

I didn’t realise the miniatures were painted – I’m suprised anyone could afford to do that these days.

briscoe999
    Participant

I was not surprised to see the cancellation of CRoM. When none of the members of the EOG (several who are pretty big Conan fans including myself) were not going to back this project – i saw the writing on the wall.

On another note, Pulpasaurus is saying they will be taking the (4) free files down off of DriveThru RPG sometime later this week – so now maybe the last chance to download the rules and cards for this game. If you have the Monolith Conan game already, you really don’t need anything else anyway (so it would be basically free)!!

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Thanks, I grabbed them to have a look.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.