Home Forums The Gaming Room Confrontation Ragnarok Miniatures

Viewing 12 posts - 13 through 24 (of 64 total)
  • Author
    Participant

UH -I just watched Part 1 of your Hell Dorado Batrep – and i didn’t see any mention of figure storage. Perhaps you did this in Part 2 which you haven’t released as of yet?

Keymaster

Whoops! Sorry, that wasn’t an evil ruse to make you watch part 1, really. It is as you say at the end of part 2 which I just uploaded. Sorry about that! 🙂

Participant

UH – I just watched Hell Dorado Part 2…..ingenius storage method for the mini’s!!!

Keymaster

I picked it up somewhere along the line but only started using it with the Confrontation armies. It works very well.

nyysnyys
    Participant

I’ve been collecting Confrontation models for a few years. Using them in other games like HeroScape. I think I may be ready to see if we like the game for which they were intended.

Judging from the posts in this thread is doesn’t sound like there is a general rule of thumb for how many boxes of each unit it’s good to have is there?

Keymaster

No, about all the info it’s possible to give is in this thread, though of course there’s no substitute for making up some army lists before you buy. There’s no shortcuts really, and it took me quite some time to work it all out from scratch – and now you have the rules summary and cards to work from! 😉

nyysnyys
    Participant

Been quickly scanning some of the rules this morning and I kind of see what you mean that there’s no hard count on how much of one type of unit should be owned. Really depends on how I like to build. If I like cannon fodder then I should load up on lots of models. But if I like to specialize, I won’t need as many since Special Fighters will take up a lot of those points.

I tend to be a cannon fodder player, so it usually results in me spending far too much on tons of models. 🙂

Let me ask this question though about army building. Are there unique characters? For example, the starter set has Serethis (of the Wolfen) in it. Can there be only one Serethis model in an army? I’m assuming yes, and the ‘leaders’ you can have more than one on the table at the same time are the ones with generic names. Is that close to right?

It’s too bad this game/company went defunct. The big draw for me was great models without need to paint. Though of course I’ve started to troll ebay and man are some of those (unpainted) medal models gorgeous.

Keymaster

You can have as many Incarnates (leaders) as you want, as long as they follow the restrictions for the type of unit they can join. One (the one with the greatest Authority) is your army Commander. There can only be one of each character however, as they’re unique.

Army building is pretty flexible, especially when it comes to the size of units, but you are supposed to follow the Order of the Banner you choose, which can restrict which units you have in your army (for example, I have 3 cannons to fill the War Machine slots in Griffin Orders). Still, I wouldn’t panic too much if all these rules weren’t followed – get some models on the table and have at thee!

I was also attracted by the idea of big armies without painting, and they’re great for filling up the rank and file. But I quickly started scouring Ebay for the metal miniatures to add special characters. Be careful though, there are some dodgy suppliers selling recastings which can vary in quality. I got one for the mounted figure Razheem; it eventually looked fine after some cleaning up, but I very much suspect it wasn’t original.

Thre are also some models that were never produced: for example, I’m using a Games Workshop plastic Griffin for the titan in the Griffin army (though I haven’t finished painting it yet).

nyysnyys
    Participant

Well, I let my acquisition disorder get the best of me. I already had a bunch of stuff from when Fantasy Flight unloaded all their stock the last few years, and I’ve been grabbing a bit here an there from eBay and Miniature Market for other games. But now that I’ve perused the rule book, I know I’ll really enjoy this game and I’ve been looking for an excuse to start making custom terrain again.

So I might have just dropped more than I’m willing to admit on the rest of the stuff I don’t have that Miniature Market has in stock (two of some).

I just hope I can keep myself away from eBay until I get to at least try it out. 🙂

Keymaster

I know what you mean. I can’t tell you how relieved I was when I finally played the game and enjoyed it, because by then I’d already dropped a bundle on figures. But I do recommend getting some games in before you go too crazy!

Participant

NYYS – just out of curiousity, do you live in the States? I live on Long Island, New York – and I just bought a bunch of figures for this game from MM’s Black Friday sale.

I absolutely want to try it out, but I am pretty sure finding players is NOT going to be easy.

As you said, one of the main attractionss for me with this game is it being a miniatures game with the minis already pre-painted!!!

nyysnyys
    Participant

I do, about 30 minutes South of Boston. Fortunately my 12yr old is almost as excited as I am to try it out.

Viewing 12 posts - 13 through 24 (of 64 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.