Home Forums The Gaming Room Confrontation Ragnarok Miniatures

This topic contains 63 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Avatar Universal Head 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 37 through 48 (of 64 total)
  • Author
    Universal Head
    Keymaster

1) The leader to leader thing is also in AT-43. It’s a bit gaming I suppose, but it keps it simple.

I base my leaders a bit differently (on more elaborate bases). When it dies, use the figure to replace another.

2) Special fighters are usually designated by the special figures in attachment boxes (though I suppose you could mark normal figures in some way).

The Ram figures are great. I managed to get an army box a while back which are as rare as hen’s teeth these days.

I remember asking endless questions of the guy who introduced me to Confrontation. I should have expected the universe would balance and I’d one day be on the receiving end! 😉

nyys
    nyys
    Participant

1) That makes perfect sense, very simple solution.

2) As I was posting that question it finally dawned on me that’s why the models in the attachment boxes are so different… because they’re Special Fighters. Dah. 🙂

I’m soooo kicking myself with the Ram figures right now. I have the Ram army box as well, but at one point I had 3 of the Ram army boxes. I bought them all from MiniatureMarket.com when they bought out Rackham’s inventory a few years ago. At the time the intention was to use them in HeroScape (and that did happen for some of them) but I didn’t need all those models, so I sold one off for what I paid, and I gave another away (keeping one for myself). ARGH!!!!!

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Argh indeed.

nyys
    nyys
    Participant

The concept of Elixir points. Looks like each side starts the game with a certain number and can spend/earn them during the game. But at the same time, assuming I’m interpreting this correctly, the Elixir points are also your ‘victory points’ as the scenarios declare a winner once one reaches a pre-determined amount.

Is that correct?

Looks like there are several different ‘point pools’ for various abilities so I maybe be crossing things up and have this all wrong. 🙂

Universal Head
    Keymaster

That’s correct. Nice idea isn’t it? Spending those puppies is an agonising decision.

nyys
    nyys
    Participant

Anyone use this site for Confrontation minis?

http://cadwallon.com/index.php/

I was very excited when I saw the selection and prices until I asked them about a specific model. They got back to me very quickly and said that the model in question wasn’t in stock (I didn’t notice an out of stock notice on the model’s page, so maybe they don’t have as much as I think) but they expect to have more within the month but it will be without cards or the blister box.

No card isn’t a big deal since I would have had to replace it anyway with a 4.0 card, but the lack of a blister pack makes me think that these may not be original models, and possibly recasts. I thought it odd that they expected to get more since this is an out of print game and I doubt any retailer really knows if/when they will get this stuff.

Thoughts?

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Thre are several dodgy companies out there recasting old Rackham miniatures. Personally I wouldn’t trust them, not only because I wouldn’t risk sending money to them, but because I don’t ethically agree with what they’re doing. But it’s up to you whether you trust them, or want to deal with them, or not. If you do a google search you’ll find a few experiences from people using this company and others – some fine, some bad.

nyys
    nyys
    Participant

I definitely don’t want recasts, I may even outright ask them if that’s what they’re doing to see what they say. 🙂 What really set things off is when I saw they have the Razheem (sp?) model (Ram army) for something like $14. Over on eBay, the kit is never less than $100.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

I bought Razheem on Ebay for 12.50 euros, and it was a recast. It cleaned up OK but it had a lot of flash on it, though painted it looks like an original as far as I can tell. I think I could say with certainty that the Cadwallon figures are recasts – no one is legally making Confrontation minis any more and there is only so much leftover stock.

nyys
    nyys
    Participant

Such a bummer.

New rules question, though I think I’ve figured it out on my own along with your awesome Summary.

Since the leaders (Incarnates) take their turns (albeit separate when attacking) when their units takes theirs, are their cards not used when, for example, you and your opponents cards are shuffled together when playing marauder mode?

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Yeah I’m pretty sure they always stick with their units and are considered part of them.

nyys
    nyys
    Participant

More questions of course.

1) The Elixir Pool. The RB states that at the start of the game the pool is equal to the number of Incarnates in your army (though that can be increased). So, for example, lets say I have three Incarnates in my army, that means I start with 3 Elixir points to start the game. Which in essence means that I start the game with 3 Victory Points assuming that I don’t spend them during the course of the game (unlikely). Correct?

2) Ranged attack. The action is the weapon’s attack value, and the difficulty is the range. Concerning the range part of the rule. This means that if the unit I’m attacking is 30cm away, then the difficulty is 30. Is that right?

Viewing 12 posts - 37 through 48 (of 64 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.