Home Forums The Kitchen Core Space

This topic contains 17 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  8th 12 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 13 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author

8th
    Participant

It’s in the final week now, but I still don’t think it’s worth the asking price.

My experience with cardboard terrain is from the malifaux stuff and that did not impress me at all… far too time consuming to set up.

I prefer 2D tiles, or resin/plastic/mdf terrain.

But more importantly, those dashboards are fiddly and the weapon tokens are way too small. I’d prefer mini cards.

Personally, I think Star Saga looks more interesting, more narrative than Core Space…

And the recent Endure the Stars ‘upgrade pack’ is making me wary of first time publishers… I expect Core Space 1.5 to launch next year with significant improvements/changes.

CK Lai
    Participant

Hmmm… agree with you re: ETS v1.0 vs v1.5.

Now they seem to have improved minis as well 🙁

Need to be wary of KS from newcomers nowadays …

HoraceHonkyHorn
    Participant

Battlesystems aren’t a KS newcomer, I think Core Space is their fifth campaign. I’ve not backed them before, but from what I’ve seen online and read from previous backers, their campaigns went very well.

8th
    Participant

They have done 5 KS, but they’ve only done terrain before.

There’s a lot of difference between designing something inert like terrain and a game.

Games require extensive play testing to make sure the rules aren’t broken and sculpting 3D miniatures is different than 2D terrain.

CK Lai
    Participant

Can’t say that I disagree with everything you’ve said, 8th. It’s all true.

I can only go by my personal dealings with them. They really do go above and beyond. Plus they are extremely professional and extremely passionate. And they’ve been working on this for years now. (None of which ensures they will deliver a working game on time and on budget, I admit).

8th
    Participant

I do want to like it… I try and support British designers, especially newcomers… but unless something amazing happens in the last 48 hrs… I’ll drop out.

Plus… the Imperial Assault App just came out and I spent so much on that game. Now I can be a rebel instead of just the empire (I’m always running that).

Viewing 6 posts - 13 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.