Home Forums The Gaming Room Cthulhu: Death May Die

This topic contains 22 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  CK Lai 4 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    WonderSlug
    WonderSlug
    Participant

I hate the title of this game. Am I the only one? It’s just stupid to me for some reason. Anywho…

I’m backing, equally because there’s a f*cking 57cm Cthulhu statue that has its own rules wherein the player miniatures actually move around on its base, and…

a lot of the miniatures can be used in Mansions of Madness, replacing the awful awful minis from that game. So excited about that part. LOL

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cmon/cthulhu-death-may-die?ref=f5d41u

Universal Head
    Keymaster

It’s from the Lovecraft quote “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die” but yeah, it is a bit of a silly game title, especially with “Cthulhu:’ before it.

I’m not backing this time. Too much of more of the same for me. I’d like to see CMON take all that talent and push a few boundaries next time. 🙂

Uthoroc
    Uthoroc
    Participant

I’m skipping it was well, I’ve got enough Cthulhu-themed games and while I admire the detail, somehow the minis don’t quite capture my fancy. Also, the game-play video with Eric Lang left me cold.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

These companies never seem to learn to make fun first in the demo videos, rules second!

WonderSlug
    WonderSlug
    Participant

Their videos are pretty much the worst. I stopped watching too.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Weird isn’t it? So much effort and money in the production of the product, then a boring video with Eric Lang desperately trying to whip up some enthusiasm out of a couple of very-nice-I’m-sure-but-dull-on-camera young players, and hampered by having to spell out all the rules as he goes. I can’t even sit through it. I feel for him, I really do.

I almost didn’t buy SMOG because the gameplay video was so boring, and it turned out to be one of the best games of the year so far.

I hate to toot my own horn, but if instead there was a gameplay video with Will and I laughing our heads off, making silly sound effects, imagining cinematic moments and generally having a great time with the game, I’m sure it would whip up more enthusiasm.

Uthoroc
    Uthoroc
    Participant

But then we’re not the ones making millions on Kickstarter. 😉

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Yeah, well, damn good point. 🙂

WonderSlug
    WonderSlug
    Participant

They’re not making millions on Kickstarter because of their game play videos. Indeed, if you read most of the comment sections pertaining to the videos, it’s in spite of them.

They’re making money on plastic and a small baby sized statue. Let’s face it, you can’t call that a miniature any more.

WonderSlug
    WonderSlug
    Participant

Sorry. Missed a chance to agree and compliment.

ABSOLUTELY!!!!

They should hire you and Will. It’d be so much better.

WonderSlug
    WonderSlug
    Participant

Ugh. Trying again to watch this thing….

One thing(?) keeps bugging me a lot. When referring to “the track” or “this track” that Cthulhu is on, they never really say what “the track” is called. Give it a cool name!!!

Elder Track
    Doom Track
    Evil Track
    Horror Track
    Summoning Track
    Cthulhu Track

They just keep calling it “the track”, and when Cthulhu advances along “this track” “things get worse for us.” God Damn man! Could they at least pretend to be excited for this game???

All of their shit lately feels like Zombiecide re-skins to sell more plastic. Keeps working though, doesn’t it?

Like I said, better minis for Mansions of Madness.

WonderSlug
    WonderSlug
    Participant

Ugh….Made myself sit through the whole video.

I couldn’t be less excited about this game.

I’m dropping my pledge.

I’ll keep using the shitty (albeit quaint in a way) MoM minis, and I’m sure I’ll find a way to live a happy life without a 2 foot tall Cthulhu statue in my house.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.