Home Forums The Gaming Room Cthulhu: Death May Die

Viewing 11 posts - 13 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I don’t like the sculpts of monsters and certainly don’t want that oversized Cthulhu… one scenario and stupid money for it.

The game would work perfectly well with tokens and standees.

Cmon are quantity over quality. Avoiding their ks until they make something interesting.

Keymaster

Well there you go, the video does make a difference. 🙂

WonderSlugWonderSlug
    Participant

I don’t know, Peter. I just don’t know.

All their games boil down to characters, fighting monsters on a grid with dice rolls. All the level ups really just change the way dice are rolled; extra dice, rerolls, etc. It’s just not interesting any more. I’ve got Zombiecide. It’s a fine, simple game. I don’t need more of it though.

Keymaster

Yeah, I feel the same Wonderslug. But then again here I am buying GW games lately. Perhaps I’m just going back to the wellspring of mediocrity! 🙂

WonderSlugWonderSlug
    Participant

Oh God, tell me about it.

I still can’t believe I’ve fallen for GW either. I’m sure you remember how many times I complained about their boring games.
    But here we are.

It’ll always be my second mistress, but a mistress nonetheless.

Keymaster

Yes, I go a long way back with GW, so they have their hooks in me still. What I can’t believe is that I’m spending so much time with one of their main tabletop games, which I’ve always avoided up until now. And Age of Sigmar no less, which I derided as ‘He-Man’ fantasy. How the mighty have fallen! 🙂

Just goes to show, dangle the right pretty ribbons in front of our eyes and we reach for them!

WonderSlugWonderSlug
    Participant

I’ve been reading the AoS core book lore sections, and I’ve gotta say, I’ve really enjoyed it so far. Credit where credit is due.

Keymaster

I’ve been trying to read it, but found the prose a pretty hard slog, to be honest. Oh well! There just doesn’t seem to be anything at stake when everyone is a super being…

WonderSlugWonderSlug
    Participant

I can see how that might come through for sure. My good friend Chris, the one who got me into 40k, was initially totally against the AoS stuff, for much the same reason. It just didn’t gel with him.

For me, it’s a story about a bunch of Gods fighting, so I get a bit of an ancient Greece vibe from it. The Gods are all doing their thing, carrying out their own battles and schemes, and everyone else is just collateral damage, or along for the ride. I’m digging it.

One memorable story for me had to do with a massive dragon, a titan I think, that the bad guy, what’s his name…..Archeon??? was planning on taming with some magic spell. Harnessing the power of this dragon would have been world ending and pretty much ensured eternal victory for Chaos. Little did he know a gang of Duarden(sp?) had previously succeeded in a mission to brand the Dragon with a runic seal of their own, so when Archeon’s plan culminated and the pinnacle of his forces had been committed….his spell fizzeled and the Duarden took control of the dragon. It felt really epic to me.

Participant

@Wonderslug… that does sound the sort of thing Hercules and friends would get up to… a legendary tale…

As for the Greek Gods… they like to party… usually a lot more sex, violence, sex, drinking and sex in their stories… with a fair bit of betrayal, backstabbing and sex.

Participant

I’m getting the minis for Pulp Alley (a simply awesome tabletop minis game) and I discovered I can use the Cults and Mythos monsters to proxy the Mythos faction for Dust 1947. The actual CMON game is just a bonus 😉

Viewing 11 posts - 13 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.