Home Forums The Gaming Room Cthulhu Wars

This topic contains 10 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Jack Romeo Jack Romeo 3 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Back in June 2013 I mentioned the Cthulhu Wars Kickstarter campaign. I didn’t buy in at the time because of the expense and the fear that I’d end up with a tonne of plastic and a crappy game. Well, I’ve read a few reviews now and everyone seems to be saying the game is great, so I just ponied up a truly frightening amount (shipping to NZ was $50 alone) to buy it direct.

Here’s hoping it lives up to its reputation! Has anyone else scored this plastic-fest?

MarcellusWallace
    MarcellusWallace
    Participant

So much again to the miniature-break 😉

Well i didn’t get into the kickstarter campaign then and i’m glad now i didn’t. All these huge delays and promises must have made it an unpleasant journey. Now it’s finally finished i could get it. But i haven’t read/seen a good review which also shows a good portion of how the game is played so far, can you recommend one? I’m eager to hear your experience in the future!
    Also the price is just too high for me for one game i probably wont be able to play enough at this time. That of course is subject to change. Hopefully the price is, too.

Universal Head
    Keymaster
    brianparker
    brianparker
    Participant

I think Tom Vasel is reviewing it this week on The Dice Tower.

razide
    Participant

Did you order just the game (tons of stuff) or the Necromonicon bundle (an avalanche of even more tons of stuff)?
    Nearly $200 USD for the basic game – I wonder what Australian shops would charge for it.
    This KickStarter was very tempting but I’d already sunk money into several others which also turned out to be drawn out delivery sagas. The figures look pretty good from the photos I’ve seen and the early game play interesting.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

I got just the base game. That was crazy enough in NZ dollars with shipping. If it’s an amazing game I may add more to it later on.

brianparker
    brianparker
    Participant

And here it is.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Thanks Brian! Skipped to the end to see the final consensus, which to my relief is positive. Opulence and over-production is something I have no problem with. 🙂 Will watch in detail a bit later today.

briscoe999
    Participant

UH – I await your thoughts on this game (or the opinions of anybody else who has it).
    I also passed on it during KS – because of the risk of CWars possibly only being an “o.k.” game with great miniatures. It is still alot of money to invest, but if the gameplay is awesome (I have read people compare it to Chaos in the Old World) – it certainly might be worth it.

I am already heavily invested in the Conan KS that is ending in a few days; so I would need for CWars to be a “No Brainer Slam Dunk” to add for that kind of $.

briscoe999
    Participant

Wow, I just watched a playthrough of CWars with (4) factions on the board – and I am impressed!!! This game looks gooood!!!

Jack Romeo
    Jack Romeo
    Participant

I went all in on the Kickstarter simply for the plastic, and it did not disappoint.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.