Home Forums The Gaming Room Deadzone-cries out for a X-Com mod……

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by roy batty roy batty 4 years ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

braveheart2408
    Participant

Just had to get it off my chest, I recentlY acquired Deadzone and as a big fan of the X-Com turn based computer game I would dearly love Mantic to approach 2K about licensing an X-com variant…..the scale is the same, and the Enforcer minis remind me of the Xcom squads….even the two actions per figure mechanic is X-com…..
    There, I’ve said it…..:-)

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Good idea, though I wonder if Fantasy Flight Games has already snagged that licence since they’re releasing their X-Com board ame—but perhaps the licences for boardgames and mini games are separate.

Looking forward to playing some more Deadzone next month. Might even make another video.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Good idea, though I wonder if Fantasy Flight Games has already snagged that licence since they’re releasing their X-Com board ame—but perhaps the licences for boardgames and mini games are separate.

Looking forward to playing some more Deadzone next month. Might even make another video.

braveheart2408
    Participant

Looking forward to watching you play Deadzone next month 🙂 I found a potential opponent this weekend at MOAB so things are looking up for me there.
    As for the FFG licence, I’m hoping the board game and miniature licences are different, after all 40k is licenced to a few manufacturers isn’t it ?

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Most definitely – I would say that FFG can’t make anything miniature game related with the FFG licence, or make GW-licenced boardgames with miniatures in them (the Relic figures are busts, and in Chaos in the Old World they’re tiny pieces).

roy batty
    roy batty
    Participant

I too think this would be awesome to play usng the Deadzone rules.

Ah, the memories of playing Enemy Unknown on my Commodore Amige A1200…

D

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.