Home Forums The Kitchen Deep Madness Kickstarter

This topic contains 24 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  8th 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 25 total)
  • Author

8th
    Participant

This looks very interesting. I love the setting and the idea of flipping a room from normal to ‘madness’ is an nice twist.

New company, but already funded and unlocked 4 stretch goals.

Early bid only available until 9am PDT tomorrow (just over 10hrs I think as I type).

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/diemensiongames/deep-madness/description

I’m backing it to take advantage of EB, but I can always back out if I change my mind later.

8th
    Participant

Something about this feels off… it looks too good to be true… too CMON … and their update emails are the bad English I find in scam emails for iTunes etc

CK Lai
    Participant

@8th : to be fair, English is not their first language, and I’m discovering a lot of first time games producers manage to hit their projected target dates (even if their distribution companies send them out on the last day of the stated month), making them actually better than CMON… if only because CMON has too many units to produce compared to these first-timers.

8th
    Participant

Just a case of paranoia I think. I get a lot of scam emails with bad spelling and poor English from banks I don’t have accounts with. Many originate in China and Asia as I understand it.

I’m still backing. It looks legit from what research I have done and if it’s a con it’s convinced a lot of people.

My main concern is the game spiralling out of control with stretch goals and falling far behind schedule.

CK Lai
    Participant

@8th: “My main concern is the game spiralling out of control with stretch goals and falling far behind schedule.”

Yeah, well… if we see TOO many SGs hit, that’s going to be a given, so best resign yourself to it 😉

(Conan, Z:BP… to name a few).

8th
    Participant

Have you backed it CK?

I think add ons are a bit expensive. Epic monsters are not cheap and the expansion doesn’t seem to have much for $50.

Investigator dice have symbols on 5 & 6, so I think my Arkham Horror dice will replace them.

CK Lai
    Participant

@8th: yes, I’ve backed it … for now. Need to confirm with game play video. Lots of neat concepts… but no game play video.

I’m just going for the basic pledge with no add-ons.

8th
    Participant

There’s an Undead Viking review which explains gameplay.

Looks like 5-6 is success like Arkham Horror.

CK Lai
    Participant

Somehow I’ve never really liked the guy’s reviews… I don’t know why.

8th
    Participant

I know what you mean. I’m not keen on Rahdo runs through either, but they both give an idea of what the game they’re demoing is about.

8th
    Participant

Watched the set up and round one video. Worried it might be a bit too much like Mansions of Madness.

Still pledged for now and there’s a lot of stuff in the box with the stretch goals, but I might back out later.

Soulsorcerer
    Soulsorcerer
    Participant

To be honest…tones of plastic crack in board games have lost their appeal to me with so many of those games around now 🙁

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.