Home Forums The Kitchen Deep Madness Kickstarter

This topic contains 24 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Avatar 8th 2 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 13 through 24 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    CK Lai
    Participant

Plastic crack is plastic crack 😀

8th
    Participant

Going to be dropping out of this one probably. Too similar to Mansions of Madness. And I have Endure the Stars coming soon which is also similar.

Funding going to Mythic Battle: Pantheon instead, which has some fantastic miniatures and a very tactical gameplay.

And it’s not co-op for a change..

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Mythic Battle: Pantheon looks like a good game – I have the original edition though I haven’t yet played it – but I’m unimpressed with the minis. They have that ‘sculpted in a 3D program’ look so common in Kickstarter games and are lacking artistic flair in my opinion. Still haven’t decided whether to back it.

8th
    Participant

Didn’t know was a fist edition of Mythic Battles to be honest. Just found it on BGG. Looks like same game, but with miniatures.

I’m not a sculptor, so have a less discerning eye in such things, but I’m fond of Greek gods (so much more fun than modern religions).

The decision now… wait a year for the minatures game or save myself some painting and go for the card game instead.

CK Lai
    Participant

@UH : some of the Mythic Battles minis have been sculpted the traditional way. I think it’s a mix of methods, depending on the sculptor.

8th
    Participant

My own fault I know for mentioning it here, but I did start a thread about Mythic Battles, but perhaps should have named it better…

https://www.orderofgamers.com/forums/topic/all-greek-to-me

8th
    Participant

Deep Madness is around $300 for the ‘all in’ and I’m not ready for that, plus I’m going to need the cash for Mythic Battles: Pantheon…

8th
    Participant

Last day of Deep Madness and I still haven’t managed to pull out…

All that plastic… and it does look an interesting game.

I might compromise… stick to the early bird pledge I have and ignore the add ons. Tricky bit comes with the pledge manager as my resolve can weaken.

CK Lai
    Participant

@8th: LOL! I’m in the same boat as you…. base pledge only. That’s what I keep telling myself… then you see the expansion that has the KS-exclusive HP Lovecraft miniature… 😛

8th
    Participant

Remaining stretch goals are mostly variant poses, so not much else going to be added, but there’s enough in the box already.

As for HPL… not that bothered. Yes, the Mythos is his baby, but I don’t care about 32mm version of him.

And although it is very similar to Mansions of Madness, it does not require an app to run, so be useful in the aftermath of Trumpocalypse we may get now that america has given the biggest idiot on the planet access to nukes.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Deep Madness is an appropriate title right now.

8th
    Participant

Protests on the streets of america like we had in England after Brexit.

Viewing 12 posts - 13 through 24 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.