Home Forums The Workshop Design software for player aids

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by brianparker brianparker 3 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

crustymonkey
    Participant

Hey all,

I’m wondering what software people are using to design the player aids here on the site.

Thanks,

Jay

Universal Head
    Keymaster

I use standard design software that I use in my day job as a professional graphic designer (my business site is universalhead.com) – the Adobe Creative Suite: Illustrator (for some icons and all vector images), Photoshop (for backgrounds, logos and all bitmap images), and inDesign (to put it all together and for text); and then I save to PDF from inDesign.

brianparker
    brianparker
    Participant

SketchUp might be something useful for you (it used to be Google SketchUp but they span it off).

Universal Head is a pro designer so he uses the “second mortgage” suite of Adobe tools but for most of us I reckon SketchUp would do the job. I use the free one a bit myself as an artistic director in theatre design but some of the real stage designers in my theatre club do much better stuff with it.

There’s a free version (more than enough for me) and a paid (pro) one.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

I used SketchUp for my first foamcore box insert plans, but it became too time consuming so I settled on the photographic system I now use.

You can only use SketchUp for 3D though – crustymonkey might be referring to my rules summaries?

brianparker
    brianparker
    Participant

crustymonkey might be referring to my rules summaries?

Doh! Of course he is.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.