Home Forums The Kitchen Dragons Conquer America

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  The8thPagan 3 weeks, 5 days ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

The8thPagan
    Participant

I have enough RPG’s to last several lifetimes. I decided I won’t back any more on kickstarter…

Then I saw this…

I love the art…

Dragons and native americans…

I want it…

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/burninggames/dragons-conquer-america-season-1-the-dawn-of-a-new

Universal Head
    Keymaster

No more RPGs for me either, but the artwork and design looks very good. Theme-wise, I’d find it a bit challenging to play any 15th/16th century Spaniard who invaded the New World as heroic, virtuous or brave. A pack of pillaging religious loonies, opportunists, and thugs, more like. 😉

The8thPagan
    Participant

Interesting campaign. The ‘Season One’ campaign has two chapters, each supposedly 8 sessions long.

In chapter one you play the natives and deal with the spanish invaders.

In chapter two you play the spanish invaders.

Although no character gen rules were planned (it uses pregens), there was some concern from backers and they have promised a PDF of the character creation rules.

I know it’s a bit odd with no character gen, but its more a ‘living campaign’ with it’s own rule set rather than traditional RPG with rules and a starting adventure.

It does appeal to me as a concept though… however, I may be inclined to run chapter one and then continue with my own campaign vs the spanish invaders.

My concern is that the lack of character generation is putting off backers and it won’t fund, as it’s a few days old and only 25% funded. Which would be a shame, as it has potential.

One more point…“A pack of pillaging religious loonies, opportunists, and thugs, more like.”… that sounds like a typical D&D party… Cleric, Thief, Fighter…

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Good point! 🙂

The8thPagan
    Participant

Although the project was cancelled due to slow funding, they’re planning to come back at some point.

They’ve also posted the alpha rules so that they can get feedback.

I’ve downloaded them, but not had chance to look at them yet.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.