Home Forums The Kitchen Drowned Earth Skirmish

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  The8thPagan 5 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

The8thPagan
    Participant

I know it’s another skirmish game, but it’s UK based, day one funded and looks interesting…

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1559814207/the-drowned-earth-miniatures-game

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Looks nice, but these days a new skirmish game would have to be really special for me to get into it.

The8thPagan
    Participant

The setting reminds me of the ‘Enslaved’ video game which was a spin of the ‘Monkey’ story with Monkey, Piggsy etc. Enjoyed that game.

Not sure I’ll back. Two player starter plus printed rules would be around a 100 quid and that would be just 10 miniatures.

I like the beta rules and 2d10 mechanics, so maybe just rules printed would be enough with some factions created from existing miniatures.

Soulsorcerer
    Soulsorcerer
    Participant

I am in because of the flair…not sure what to get in the end….but there is plenty of time to decide 🙂

The8thPagan
    Participant

Saw your name pop up in the comments section. I haven’t backed it yet, but may go in for print rules.

I have so many minatures and think be fun to try and recycle Wolsung as a faction or two. The minatures are unique, but a two player starter plus printed rules will set me back £92 which is a lot for ten figures.

I like the setting and the swimming adds an interesting twist to the game.

Soulsorcerer
    Soulsorcerer
    Participant

This is def one of the KS that is trying so hard not to be a mantic/cmon KS that they went too far on the opposite side of it.

I am not a fan of tons of free stuff and exclusives as a “must” for a KS….but I do believe that backers should get something in return for the risk of financing. There are no exclusives or free minis to off-set shipping in this one. And the prices are marginal less than retail…if at all…so I really do think that this extreme to the other side did harm this KS.

Still like the flair of the setting and the minis enough to pay a bit more than usual 🙂

The8thPagan
    Participant

Yeah… it needs something to make it value for money and it will lose backers if they don’t start adding free stuff. As far as I recall, they mentioned one free miniatures so far.

I want to support it, but once you add postage, it’s £10 per miniature in the UK (assuming the hard back rules and two factions, which is what I would go for).

New company and it wants to make a profit, but if I saw a two player starter at retail at that price I’d walk away. Needs to double up on the miniatures, or throw in dice, templates, tokens… something.

And the only way to get the pdf rules (apart from beta) is pledge one faction at least. Hardback rules is an add-on.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.