Home Forums The Gaming Room Dust 1947 Redesigned Unit Cards

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 13 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

Well, are they? I really hope not. Of course, since anyone can call themselves a graphic designer, it’s impossible to tell.

Didn’t know you were a designer too CK. I agree with you wholeheartedly. I can’t remember the last time I saw anyone even try to line up columns of text the way I do with every rules summary I produce, for example.

I use the original Dust dice too. The new ones are a ridiculous shambolic mess, only made more confusing by having different symbols on them depending on the faction version you’re using. Stupid idea, and they should have gone back to the distinctive, memorable simplicty of the original dice.

The problem with trying to come up with a usuable set of rules, is that the unit stats are different for all the systems. From what I’ve read already this new one is just as much of a mess as the last ones. I’m probably sticking with Battlefront’s version, it’ll do – and I don’t have to buy a third set of unit cards.

Participant

Although I’m not a graphic designer, I did work in publishing for a while (well… I played games and wrote reviews for a couple of years, but that’s ‘working in publishing’, so when I’m writing for RPG’s that I run, I like things in columns (two or three usually) with box outs of important rules (to avoid looking through books), so I appreciate your efforts to make rules summaries ‘tidy’.

SoulsorcererSoulsorcerer
    Participant

Maybe the new Konflikt 47 Rules from Warlord Games due August give some solid rules as an alternative to use the nice Dust minis?!?

Keymaster

I’ll check them out, but I don’t think I could face having to make unit cards for the units to match different stats etc.

Viewing 4 posts - 13 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.