Home Forums The Storage Room Dust Tactics/Warfare/1947 (or whatever the hell its called now) Vehicle Storage

This topic contains 14 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Universal Head 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 15 total)
  • Author

dropdeadcriminal
    Participant

How are you currently storing your Dust vehicles. I am trying to figure a better way than cram them onto shelves in the closet.
    Current solution

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Wow, you’ve got a huge collection there. Do you ever use that many Sturmkönigs at once? 🙂

It’s a good question. Mine are still in their original boxes and filling two large plastic tubs. At the moment I can’t think of a better way to store them.

There are lots of fragile bits on Dust vehicles, I hope you’re not damaging them by piling them up like that!

dropdeadcriminal
    Participant

I got several duplicate units when a guy I know sold all his stuff to me on the cheap (he was displeased with the whole Kickstarter issues). But no, I have not had the occasion to field 2 Sturmkönigs.

Its a fine balancing act. Despite the look of it they were actually placed carefully so that the stacked ones are not crushing any of those easily broken MG’s. It does however mean I need to take most of a shelf out to get a single unit.

The shelves below I have all the units in Plano boxes, again not an ideal solution, but at least better the tank jenga.

The plastic bin idea seems at lease better than what I got currently. If I can get something long and shallow that may work and be stackable. I need to measure how tall it would need to be when I get home but I see a 29″ x 18″ x 6″ that may work.

Thanks for the suggestion.

CK Lai
    Participant

Don’t ask me. I’m still storing them in their original boxes, like UH 😀

Universal Head
    Keymaster

I use a range of storage boxes called Sistema for my terrain, and I think they’d work well for storing vehicles as well. They come in different heights and sizes, but they all stack together neatly. You could put in foamcore dividers to keep the models separate.

http://sistemaplastics.com/products/storage

Another idea is to magnetize the models (put rare earth magnets in a couple of feet, for example) and put them in foamcore trays with metal trays. I’m going to do a video on this technique eventually, but basically you score, bend and break thin galvanised steel sheets to size, and put them in the bottom of foamcore trays. Stops everything moving around!

Soulsorcerer
    Soulsorcerer
    Participant

That is some serious stuff…wow!!! Depending on the money you want to spend…I think foam that you can plug the way you need for the stuff (battlefoam/feldheer ect.)…or magnetizing the minis and cover the boards in thin metal sheeds so you can use both sides (up and down)…needs to get used to to see your stuff hanging upside down though 😉

Universal Head
    Keymaster

I’m working on a new way of storing all the Dust vehicles now. It involves lining a shallow plastic tub with a sheet of thin steel, then magnetising all the figure bases. The trick is storing all the alternate weapons, but I plan to put those in small labelled zip-lock bags with a small magnet thrown in the bag.

Will let you know how it all pans out! It would be nice to keep the original packaging, but it has two disadvantages: it takes up a lot of space, and it’s a complete pain to unpack and pack the vehicles.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

This thread inspired me to finally get rid of all that extra packaging and work out a proper way to store my Dust vehicles. Here is the result! They are, of course, magnetised to the base. I’m planning to make an instructional video about how to do this.

Dust
    Dust

Soulsorcerer
    Soulsorcerer
    Participant

Looking great! Those tanks look hughe against the walkers…wow! Dust getting out of that KS debakel hole and does pretty good this year,doesn´t it?!?

Universal Head
    Keymaster

I don’t know how the new Dust 1947 version is going, but Dust Studio don’t seem to have released much new stuff, and the reputation of the game among gamers seems to have remained very poor after all that debacle.

Soulsorcerer
    Soulsorcerer
    Participant

Could be that the stuff I saw was more re-release or different paint pattern stuff….would not recognize something like that.
    But I do read more comments on how cool the stuff looks…even if that was old stuff..and near no comments about the KS debakel…that was the other way around in the past…so I take that as a good sign 🙂

Soulsorcerer
    Soulsorcerer
    Participant

@UH You should look up the gencon stuff for dust…looks that they did and will do much new stuff. Some of the Luftwaffe and Chinese Liberation Armee stuff look cool. And a new campaign and “advanced” rules come…what ever that means 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.