Home Forums The Kitchen Endure The Stars

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  8th 1 year ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

8th
    Participant

Filled out my pledge manager for Endure the Stars yesterday.

Went a bit nuts and bought £80 worth of addons.

Had a bad week and decided to treat myself…. retail therapy.

CK Lai
    Participant

I had to pay £40 just for shipping 🙁

8th
    Participant

You like Twisted because it’s in Australia. Endure is in UK. You can’t win them all.

CK Lai
    Participant

Actually, I like Twisted because the minis and terrain are awesome. Hope the rules live up to them.

The fact that it’s in Australia is a bonus (although I’m not sure how much cheaper it’ll be shipping to Malaysia from there compared to the UK).

8th
    Participant

Have you pledged to Twisted yet?

I do like the quality of the miniatures in Twisted, but not going to buy.

If the Endure miniatures are as good as they appear in the resins then I’ll be very happy with them.

CK Lai
    Participant

I’m waffling on Twisted. I got in at the $1 level because the terrain drew me in… can use it for Wrath of Kings etc.

But the minis and now the rules are also getting to be very attractive as well.

Sigh… I just have no will power. Thankfully, the wallet power (or lack of it) is stronger! 😀

The Endure minis: just remember it’s a first time company. Sure, they’re using Ludofact so theoretically, it’ll be Blood Rage quality (that’s what they’re aiming for). But anything could happen. Although I don’t think we’ll get Project: ELITE level minis (shapeless coloured blobs).

8th
    Participant

Just got an email informing me that Endure the Stars is in the post and should be with me in the next 3 days…

I’d forgotten how many add-ons I went for…

CK Lai
    Participant

Lucky you. I’m still waiting … 😛

8th
    Participant

Endure the Stars has arrived.

Core box is bulging at the seems. Pity the miniatures in that aren’t in the usual plastic trays, but just bagged and dropped in the box, although admittedly you’d need a very big box with so many miniatures.

Cybernetic Onslaught, Variant Gender Survivors, Primus and Kickstarter Crew are all in plastic trays however.

Initial impressions are good. Thick cardboard (not the flimsy CMON stuff) on player mats and map tiles. Same with tokens.

Survivor miniatures suffer the same issue as the Conan heroes. Light grey plastic does not reveal the detail as well as the dark grey used for the villains. Hoping that will be dealt with by painting, if I get around to it, as I have a big list of stuff to paint. Won’t be painting the villains as there are 135 miniatures just for the bad guys.

Missions look varied and there are 20 (plus a tutorial mission) with a campaign structure (3 campaigns make up the 20 missions).

Not sure when I’ll get this on the table, but I have a week off in march and hoping for a trip to play some games then. Might take this with me.

8th
    Participant

Endure the Stars 1.5 is on kickstarter. Not happy with the price of the upgrade packs which basically fix things that were wrong with the original release of the game.

£28 for the basic upgrade back which is not too bad, but £48 for the all in upgrade which I would need for my pledge level is too much.

I may end up making new radar token for myself and printing a revised rulebook (that does not include the rules for the extra dice).

More concerning is the possibility that they will do exactly the same with Village Attacks which I also backed.

I blame CMON with their ‘2nd season’ rules fixing for poorly tested games.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.