Home Forums The Gaming Room Epic 40K Painting Schemes

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Universal Head 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Universal Head
    Keymaster

We don’t often chat about Games Workshop tabletop games around here, but I’m currently getting together a Space Marine and an Ork army for Epic 40,000. I had two old armies in a woefully un- and under-painted state, so I stripped them back by soaking them in Dettol and now I’ve got a clean slate to start from.

The problem is, I’m finding it really hard to decide on my colour schemes. At first I thought traditional blue Ultramarines, but the scheme is a little … well, blue has never been a favourite colour of mine. The Orks will probably be red-and-black Goffs, so I want the marines to contrast with that on the tableop.

Any ideas or suggestions?

8th
    Participant

Not a 40K player and know very little about the setting, but for big dudes in heavy armour I’d be inclined of go for shades of grey, silver, iron etc.

Uthoroc
    Uthoroc
    Participant

Grey wolves? I’ve never been a 40k fan, but of the marines I always thought they looked best. It may also contrast nicely with the strong Ork colors.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

The colour might be OK, but I’ve never ben a fan of the feral Norse style of the Space Wolves.

I like the style of the Death Angels, but the dark green won’t work as well at that scale.

Difficult!

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Are you back home now Ralf?

Will and I finally managed to start a game of Fangorn online, though it’s going to take a while to get comfortable with the slightly impenetrable interface…

Uthoroc
    Uthoroc
    Participant

Nope, I’m currently on Stewart Island snuggled into a hotel lounge to wait out this “bomb low”. 😀

Have you checked out the Readme.pdf in the java client’s folder? It gives pretty comprehensive instructions on how to do all the necessary stuff.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Way down there! Glad you’re still checking the EOG as you travel around.

Yeah I have, but I’m really tempted to give that document a rewrite/redesign! 🙂

Officelinebackeroz
    Officelinebackeroz
    Participant

Imperial Fists? Yellow should standout. Don’t have much choice for loyalists from the main Chapters. White Scars would seem to similar. Blood Angels red or Iron Hands grey/metallic.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

I hate to say it, but I might go trad blue Ultramarines. I mean, it’s a classic. The yellow of the Imperial Fists seems too, well, bright! Red is too orky. White or steel don’t grab me.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.