Home Forums The Kitchen Even MORE Kickstarter miniatures board games…

Viewing 12 posts - 13 through 24 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

You know, that video just didn’t excite me. 🙂

This genre is just saturated. Let’s face it, modular tiles and connected scenarios are no longer points of difference. And having poorly designed, stiff-looking miniatures doesn’t help.

Participant

I wasn’t impressed with it at first sight and you’re right about the number of tile based miniatures games. I’m trying to be more discerning and will resist this one… but I can’t promise with future releases.

Participant

Yup. This is the 2nd such KS based in Germany that (I think) isn’t going to fly.

So-so minis. Average production. Doesn’t bring anything new to the table.

Participant

Endure the Stars is my new Shiny. Perdition’s Mouth looks interesting but going to pass and try to stop backing kickstarter…. Rogue Squad did cancel. It did look a bit rough…

Participant

Endure the Stars does look more interesting now they’ve started to hit those SGs… 🙂

Participant

I know what you mean, but is it different enough to get a pledge out of me (or you)?

Participant

Very quiet on these forums when we don’t have and KS miniature games to talk about.

Participant

CMON are splitting orders for Black Plague so we can get get something by Xmas. It was delayed a month, but they have the core done, so sending them out at no extra charge which is good.

And another of my pledges, Posthuman is shipping in the next week.

All need now is time to play them!

GraydethGraydeth
    Participant

it’s short notice, but if you liked Dreadfleet (which I’ve never played), you may be interested in Dropfleet Commander – which is co-designed by Andy Chambers. only a couple of hours left in the KS though.

Keymaster

It looks good, but with both X-Wing and Armada I think this niche is filled in my collection!

GraydethGraydeth
    Participant

ack, I misspoke with Dreadfleet (just watched the hilarious PG battle reports!). Andy Chambers designed Battlefleet Gothic (which I’ve never played as well) – the Warhammer 40k space fleet battles game.

I hear you; too many games, not enough time.

Participant

@8th: Endure the Stars. The Cybernetic expansion with the extra robots was enough to push me off the wagon (no more KS for 2015 after Alkemy!) and back it. Still not floating your boat?

Viewing 12 posts - 13 through 24 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.