Home Forums The Smoking Room Everyone on this forum say hi!

This topic contains 28 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Universal Head 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 29 total)
  • Author

Universal Head
    Keymaster

It’s been a bit quiet here lately. Let’s try an experiment. Everyone who visits this thread say hello – even if it’s just one word – below. Even if you usually just lurk. Give me an idea of how many actually visit this forum!

Thanks! Universal Head.

CK Lai
    Participant

Hello!

8th
    Participant

Hello. I lurk daily and post when I have something worth posting about… which like it or not… is quite often 🙂

Tangram11
    Tangram11
    Participant

Hi there!
    I lurk via a Feedly RSS feed.

Soulsorcerer
    Soulsorcerer
    Participant

Hi! With limited respons to topics there is not much motivation to start new ones….but lurking daily anyways.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Hmm, I think the general frequency and calibre of chat has been pretty good on the whole. You don’t think so?

8th
    Participant

People reply if they’re interested in the subject. Not posting because people don’t reply means people have nothing to reply to.

So if you want a discussion, @soul… post something…

Universal Head
    Keymaster

My goal is just to make this a good place to visit and talk about games, so if anyone has any suggestions for increasing readership and participation, I am, as always, all ears. 🙂

Uthoroc
    Uthoroc
    Participant

Hiho! I’m still around. 🙂

Soulsorcerer
    Soulsorcerer
    Participant

@UH I do not understand how “pretty good frequency” and “its been quite lately” fit together. Maybe I misunderstood one or the other?

@The8thPagan I am not sure I understand what you mean…the last 3 topics where started by me…so I do post 🙂
    And I totally undertstand that you only comment on posts that intrest you. But it goes the other way around also…you need comments to be motivated to continue to post. If I tend to be intrested in topics no one/not many care…why post more of that? For myself? Where is the fun in that? And is this not the same for you?

@all We will see in a week or two how this goes…but my guess is that we are just a hand full of (semi-)activ people…so with other factors in each others lives…we will have some times where most of those have time and topics of interest…and there will be times with less time and intrest in topics….such as now.

How to increase this…I have no clue…I am thankfull for at least a few people that still care for a forum over facebook/twitter ect….that is not for me….so I hope that we will still keep this up for quite some time 🙂

8th
    Participant

@UH… not sure of the mechanics involved in a forum creation, so this may be irrelevant.

From the front page it’s not obvious when a new forum topic has been added, it only becomes apparent when someone replies.

I don’t always go to forums directly, I often click on replies, which I’m sure a lot of people do.

Might get a few more responses if the new topics were on the front page.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

@Soulsorceror I can see you point! But I meant, in general things are pretty good,but it’s quiet at the moment. I’m just trying to get a handle on how many people read this thing and whether there’s anything I can do to improve it.

As for starting topics vs replying to them, well, there’s no minimum or maximum amount of posting required, just as long as people enjoy this forum.

@The8thPagan Correct me if I’m wrong, but the right hand column on every page has a list at the top called ‘Recent Topics’ which lists the latest topics and another called ‘Recent Replies’ which lists the latest replies?

(Oh and … Bloody Facebook, I hate it! 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.