Home Forums The Gaming Room Fates of Madness

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Avatar Universal Head 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    YellowSign
    YellowSign
    Participant

Anyone played this Kickstarted RPG card game yet? I was turned off at first by the horrific rulebook, but the quality and artwork of the Tarot and Poker sized cards are very nice and the game seemed interesting. After watching a 32 minute walkthrough on YouTube, i’m happy I stuck with it. To me this game is a much more satisfying RPG (light!) experience with cards than either the Pathfinder Adventure Card Game or Arkham Horror.

I played my game solo with four characters, but there is still some considerations on how you choose to balance your party which made each turn interesting. Plan on playing with a buddy tomorrow with each controlling two characters. The game is supposed to scale with up to five players, if the 5th wheel would like to work as the card revealing DM sort.

Overall I found it a fun little surprise at a relatively low burden on the wallet!

YellowSign
    YellowSign
    Participant

Update:

My non-gamer buddy enjoyed the game, and it was easy to teach with both of us playing two characters. As far as balance, we won the first game with the Boss being revealed early, and only one of my characters was killed. The second game the entire party died for a complete failure. I recommend it.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Not sure if I can get past the amateurish graphic design though … but better than AHCG? That’s a big call!

YellowSign
    YellowSign
    Participant

I guess in the interest of fairness, i’m typically not a big fan of card games. The only other card driven game I’ve played and absolutely love is Cold War; CIA vs. KGB.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

That’s a great little game.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.