Home Forums The Gaming Room FFG and GW split

This topic contains 21 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Soulsorcerer Soulsorcerer 3 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 13 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    CK Lai
    Participant

@soulsorcerer : not saying it didn’t happen, but if true, GW have to be one of the most short-sighted companies ever. I mean, it’s STAR frickkin’ WARS, for crying out loud. GW may be the 800lb gorilla in the world of gaming, but Star Wars IP stomps all over it, into mush. It’s probably an excuse to take back all their IP’s so they can beef up their board game division. Here’s looking forward to more pricy, under-produced games (in terms of component quantity). 😛

Soulsorcerer
    Soulsorcerer
    Participant

@The8thPagan Skirmish is not Mass Combat…but better than nothing 😉

@CKLai Well…looking at the list of products they loose…besides Android and Terrinoth…they pretty much are dependent on that one (ficle?)license…and loose a good amount of sales volume. Without Asmodee in their corner it would be a pretty hefty blow. But egg or henn…it will be intresting to see where this leads.

I am no big fan of GW pricing…the plasic sinlge minis for 20+ are a bad joke…but the new boardgames are really a bargain when looking at the amount of minis you get for that price. And to be honest..you go for GW games for the models…not for the game/rules 😉

8th
    Participant

I don’t really thing of GW as a force in gaming and certainly not the 800lb gorilla.

Last GW product I bought was Ravening Hordes for Warhammer 2nd edition in the 80’s… unless you count a pot of paint about three years ago.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Can’t agree with you that they’re a bargain Soulsorceror. A ‘bargain’ compared to GW’s normal insane pricing perhaps, but not by any objective measure. CMON’s latest The Others: 7 Sins looks far more like a bargain to me!

When I was sitting here cutting out the monster reference sheets for Silver Tower that I had to make myself because GW were too cheap to include them in a RRP NZD$300 game, I was getting a bit annoyed at GW and their pricing. To me it’s feels like they’re keeping the same stratospheric prices, but carefully cutting back on the number and quality of the components in the box. I had a look at the last version of Space Hulk the other day and the difference is huge – and that wasn’t in the same ballpark price-wise as Silver Tower or Deathwatch: Overkill.

Anyway, people (including myself sometimes) keep buying…

Addum
    Addum
    Participant

It’s a real shame for us gamers.

A agree that Chaos in the Old World is a must buy if you like the ‘area control’ kind of games. Played it on Saturday with the Horned Rat and loved it.

My group also just ordered Forbidden Stars and Fury of Dracula. We have most of the other games on the hit list. I may have to think about Blood Bowl though. It does interest me….

Soulsorcerer
    Soulsorcerer
    Participant

@universal head Yup…the said bargain was compared to their normal (insane) pricing for single models (new Kharn model 35$ – thats a starter box price for a lot of other games! For a Space Marine sized plasik model!!!). The 51 Models in Silver Tower…with some of them being really nice…for 150$…and an actual game on top…let´s call it a GW-bargain 😉

Besides GW being in their own world for many years…I do find it interesting that they slowly seam to change back to “the old days” with a bit of community interaction…starter bundles with saves to single buys…board games…reviving old favorites like Blood Bowl,Necromundo ect…redo White Dwarf the way it was back in the old days…interesting times!

Still not a fan of their rules…for some itterations now….less so of the release policy with the codices…and the pricing of them. So I spent my money on lots of other stuff for quite some time now. But I do like the fluff a lot…and the artwork…and the fact that they brought me into the hobby will make them for ever Special.

CK Lai
    Participant

@soulsorcerer : Imperial Assault, mass battles:

Home

🙂

8th
    Participant

Cool link CK… pity the scenarios aren’t pdf and I want that AT-AT…

CK Lai
    Participant

@8th : should be easy enough to save the web page as a PDF file… and yeah, I want one too! 😀

Soulsorcerer
    Soulsorcerer
    Participant

@CK Lai Looks cool…will have to take a closer look at this. Thx!

Viewing 10 posts - 13 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.