Home Forums The Workshop First project

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Universal Head 4 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

bobot
    Participant

Greetings exalted ones

Watched your fabulous tutorial on mansions of madness painting and am about to give the base set a go.

Just not sure where to start. Lol

I have no idea about paints brushes or washes. There seems to be a good army painter starting set 60aud. Would this be okay for a beginner? Should I be trying something else?

Any hell would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Jason

Universal Head
    Keymaster

‘Any hell would be greatly appreciated’. Nice line, sounds like a classic from an 80s action flick! 🙂

The best brushes are Windsor & Newton Series 7 sable, but they’re expensive. If you’re just starting out, you can buy normal sable, or even just cheap synthetic brushes, but keep in mind you’ll have a better experience with quality brushes, and they last longer if you take care of them. The Games Workshop ones are pretty good too, maybe just buy a few of those – a larger one for base coating, say 0 or 1, and a small one for detail, say 00 or 000 (GW call them ‘base coat brush’ and ‘detail’ and ‘fine detail brush’).

I don’t know what’s in the starter set but it may be a good way to get started. I usually use GW paints but Army painter are fine too. A good dark brown wash is always handy. Buy a selection (or the starter set) and get stuck in! You may also want to practice a bit on some test figures first until you get the hang of it.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.