Home Forums The Kitchen Flash (insert Queen soundtrack here)…

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Universal Head 1 year ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

8th
    Participant

The box set of this looks really good and I’m fond of the movie… I can still hear the echoes of Brian Blessed shouting, “Gordon’s alive….”

But $175 is a lot for the box set…

And it’s Savage Worlds, which always seemed a total pain to explain to my players (dice pool of so many different polyhedrals), so I’ve never run it.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/545820095/flash-gordontm-rpg-for-savage-worlds

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Great movie. Back in school my year put on a student-run play which mashed up Rocky Horror Show and Flash Gordon, with a plot about an evil genius making ‘adolts’. I played Brad/Flash! I had blond hair then. 🙂

Soulsorcerer
    Soulsorcerer
    Participant

@UH…that sounds…disturbing ;-P

Universal Head
    Keymaster

The fact that I played Brad/Flash, or the fact I had blonde hair? 😉

8th
    Participant

I think what disturbs me most is Brian Blessed playing a winged transvestite….

Universal Head
    Keymaster

He was the most butch character in the film, surely? 🙂 I must give it another watch, it’s been a while and it was a lot of fun. In a box in the garage I’ve still got the red and white T-shirt with ‘Brad’ on it in the same type style as ‘Flash’. 🙂

8th
    Participant

I was referring to the Voltan in your version.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Doh, I’m so dense! I missed that completely. I must be working too hard. 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.