Home Forums The Gaming Room Folklore: the Affliction

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  8th 9 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Universal Head
    Keymaster

I’ve had my eye on this one for a while, and the 2nd printing Kickstarter campaign finishes in less than a day: Folklore: the Affliction. This dark fantasy boardgame been getting great reviews, and I’m all in and will be giving it complete coverage on the EOG.

CK Lai
    Participant

Nice! Do keep us updated.

On a separate note: I’ve noticed a lot of games are going back to KS for reprints. I think from now on, I’ll hold off for those 2nd reprints because they normally fix a lot of issues in 1.0. Case in point: Endure the Stars. As an original backer, I was not pleased to have to pay an extra half of the original KS to get a proper, fixed and tested, working version.

8th
    Participant

I was interested in this the first time around, but the gameplay looked too complex for a dungeon crawler. d100 seemed a bit messy.

I’d advise watching some gameplay videos to make sure you’re not being suckered in by the miniatures… which are admittedly nice.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

I’ve read a few reviews and while there’s nothing particularly revolutionary about the combat system, the game gets unanimous and high praise. And everyone raves about the theme and story-telling.

8th
    Participant

I had another look today at gameplay. Can’t get interested.

Part of the problem is I only get two hours a week for roleplay night with my group, less if someone running late which is often the case.

I don’t have the time for a coop game like Folklore with them and it looks tedious solo.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.