Home Forums The Gaming Room For a non-wargamer. What's make makes each one special / unique?

Viewing 12 posts - 13 through 24 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    Keymaster

Sigh. That reminds me I’m STILL missing my Goritsi starter set from my order. They sent me replacement bases for the ones I was missing, but completely ignored the fact that a whole starter set was missing.

CMON really need to overhaul whoever organises their packing and shipping.

Participant

CMON realised in 2013 that Kickstarter is a gold mine for them. They did SEVEN kickstarter projects last year.

Then in this period, due to various delays, they ended up shipping WoK, Xenoshyft and Zombicide 3 back to back. Something had to give. Customer support is one of them I guess.

I’m still waiting for replacements for missing parts. But nothing like yours: an entire missing box.

Dust Tactics: I dunno. I kind of like the fact unit go fast. After all, they’re shooting with lasers and phasers.

Participant

Anyone got an opinion on Malifaux? Looks interesting, but something about it puts me off… and it’s not just because it sounds french 🙂

Participant

I think the best reply would be: try and watch some gameplay videos online. That’s the best way to see if you’d like the game or not. (The online gameplays were responsible for me tracking down a WoK Ancient King pledge and a Myth Captain level pledge on eBay as I missed the Kickstarters).

Malifaux is one of the skirmish games with less than 10 figures per side (average) and individual activations with names heros and characters. The minis look gorgeous, too. 🙂

Participant

After watching the Wrath gameplay vids on this site I’m serious tempted to buy, but the Ebay stuff is expensive in the UK.

£40 Faction Starter
    £55 KS Exclusives only (silly money for so few figures)
    £76 Faction + KS Exclusive

WonderSlugWonderSlug
    Participant

Thanks for all the great responses, guys.

I’m not quite there yet, but I’m leaning closer and closer to trying out this Wargaming thing, and Wrath of Kings will probably be my starting point.

Keymaster

Anyone got an opinion on Malifaux? Looks interesting, but something about it puts me off… and it’s not just because it sounds french

The figures have a lot of character, and I’ve played Puppet Wars which uses a similar card-based system, which I liked. But I just can’t fit another game of this type into my already extremely limited free time, unfortunately.

Participant

After extensive negotiations with my prospective wargaming buddy we have decided on Warmachine/Hordes.

Undecided on whether to buy one of the ‘All in one army boxes’ each to give us one large(ish) faction to play with or…

Buy one Hordes two player starter and one Warmachine two player starter so we can split them.

Any advice?

Keymaster

I have pretty large Cryx and Menoth armies but they’re in storage and I haven’t played for years, so I can’t give you much advice I’m afraid. The two or three games of Warmachine I’ve played were fun though! 🙂 I’m looking forward to playing it again when I get them back.

Participant

Seems to me that most of your gaming stuff is in storage. You should fix that problem!

But if you’re struggling for space… ship it to me in England and I’ll find a good home for it 🙂

Keymaster

I will fix that problem, when we buy a house here in NZ to put it all in!

Viewing 12 posts - 13 through 24 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.