Home Forums The Reception Hall Forum navigation: Possible bug / interface report

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Universal Head 3 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    WonderSlug
    WonderSlug
    Participant

Hi Peter,

This is going to be a difficult one to explain to stay with me please.

In the forums, if I click what’s essentially the “most recent post”, I’m sometimes taken to a page that only contains the fields to post a new reply, instead of actually showing me the last reply I’m hoping to see.

Does that make sense?

I’m clicking the date/time stamp above the user name in the “freshness” column. In most forums, doing that would show me the post from that date/time/user. Instead, depending on the thread (example is my recent reply to the Zombicide: Black Plague thread), sometimes I’m taken to a page “after” the page containing the post I want to see, and the only thing on the page I’m looking at is the fields to make my own post.

This also occurs at times if, for example, a thread shows to have 4 pages. If I click on the “page 4” link, sometimes page four is completely empty, and the content I’m looking for is actually on page 3. So I have to click back a page.

“First world problems” for sure, but thought you might be able to take a look at it in case others are having similar experiences.

WonderSlug
    WonderSlug
    Participant

UPDATE

The Wrath of Kings thread shows 10 pages of content, but content only exists up to page 8.

CK Lai
    Participant

I do agree with this “bug” (?).

Glad to see it’s not only me that’s experiencing this.

WonderSlug
    WonderSlug
    Participant

I’m glad to see my explanation made sense to at least someone. 🙂

8th
    Participant

Happens to me a lot too. Annoying.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Sorry guys, this one drives me nuts too. I often have to manually change the URL back to an earlier number to get around it.

The amazingly good news is, I’ve commissioned a professional coder/designer to completely revamp the forums! You’re going to see some huge changes rolled out in the coming months. Not only will bugs be squashed, but everything will get a new look, they’ll be more functionality, and hopefully they’ll also be some extra surprises that will make this an even more interesting place you want to keep coming back to.

So stay with me, and you too can kick back in your leather chair by the fire, light a pipe, reach for a snifter of brandy, look up at the ceiling and say “I was there, right at the start, back in the rough and ready days before all this fancy schmancy functionality you have now”.

WonderSlug
    WonderSlug
    Participant

<like> 😉

razide
    Participant

Good hear it is a bug not a feature of the forum.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

That’s be a crappy feature! 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.