Home Forums The Gaming Room Fury of Dracula

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Universal Head 3 years ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    MatineeIdyll129
    MatineeIdyll129
    Participant

It’s 4a.m, my sister and I we just finished our first tentative playthrough of FoD Third Edition… I was all four Hunters, and managed to defeat the Count with a few blasts from Van Helsings rifle as he tried to flee to Castle Dracula. He was only two influence away from victory.

Oh, it’s good. It’s really, really good.

Love the card based combat (put me in mind of Game of Thrones Board Game), love the Dracula movement system (as an Investigator, endless doubling back annoyed the heck out of me in Letters from Whitechapel), love the blisteringly well-implemented theme.

A few rules confusions, like the resolution order if a Hunter moves onto Drac’s current location, then Dracula elects to Ambush, does that occur before Drac/Hunter combat is resolved?

Still, can’t wait to implement the Advanced Rules tomorrow. Amazing time.

MatineeIdyll129
    MatineeIdyll129
    Participant

Here’s a pic of our painted figures, which we managed to do between turns of the game (with a few hours break)… Belle’s particularly proud of Lord Godalmings eyebrows and Dr. Sewards cheek bones.

Fury of Dracula painted

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Lovely work! I agree with you, the new edition is excellent and, even though I’ve just played it once, feels just right. Great to see this game tweaked again, it’s worth it.

briscoe999
    Participant

It looks like I’ll be buying another game for the holidays. I never had a chance to get the first or second edition.

MatineeIdyll129
    MatineeIdyll129
    Participant

Yikes! We just tried our first five player game last night (well, it was 7 with two Players sharing Dracula and Mina), while we started quite late (9:30) we’d barely made it through two weeks through two weeks and Drac only had 3 influence after four hours!

Us Hunters kept knocking out the maturing vampires, while still keeping hot on Dracula’s trail… Eventually, we decided to skip forward to the final week and Drac won through movement and beating the snot out of Mina.

Let this be a lesson, don’t Be convinced that players drinking Absinthe and Bloody Mwry’s to get ‘in theme’ isn’t going to result in terrible AP and completely distractable hunters.

Still… fun! 🙂

MatineeIdyll129
    MatineeIdyll129
    Participant

Nothing like velvet jackets and matching garlic wreath accessories (forgive the lack of smiles, it was 2am by this point…)

Our Van Helsing made a crossbow with an afternoons notice (Latin scripture written in texta along the side) then cycled across town to the host’s house with said weapon strapped to his back. This is only weeks after a guy with a bow and arrow held up the Pharmacy and shut down the whole of Castlemaine… Madness!

Garlic Wreath

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Brilliant. I love a bit of thematic prep for a game, and FoD is perfect for that kind of thing. Though perhaps being thrown in gaol on the way there is more Monopoly. 🙂 Great pic.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.