Home Forums The Gaming Room Game Summaries Feature Request

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Universal Head 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    WonderSlug
    WonderSlug
    Participant

Hey Peter!

I’m currently collecting rule books for a business I’m helping with, a board game cafe, and I’ve been grabbing a bunch of your rules summaries. While flipping through them it occurred to me that while they’re excellent for people who already know the games, they’re lacking a certain something for people picking up the rules guide for the first time. The reason for this is while they refer to the components of the games, there’s no summary page that shows all of the components with their names.

Is there any chance at all of you producing such a page on a per game basis…upon request?

I realize your summaries are intended to be a reference for people who’ve already read the base rules, but I’m attempting to build a rule book database for over 400 games, many of which are currently missing the original rules.

Anyway, just a thought. Wanted to put it out there.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Oh god no, please WS, don’t wish that on me. 🙂

The summaries are supposed a refresher for people who have the rules, not a replacement – as you point out. It would take me forever to start scanning in and formatting all the components as well. Sometimes I put an image of a counter or icon in the rules itself as a reminder, but that’s it.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Just a general note, I’d be uncomfortable to have my summaries be the basis of a boardgame café library of rules. Remember I walk a fine line when it comes to publishers allowing me to do these things. If my work gets involved with any commercial venture, there’s an opportunity for lawyers to say that line is crossed. I’ve already refused one café to be paid for a ‘rebranding’ of my summaries for such a purpose.

Keeping the EOG unassociated with a commercial enterprise keeps the fun coming for all! 🙂 Should even one over-zealous lawyer get involved, all of this could shut down and end.

The summaries are a convenience for people who already own the games and the rules, for personal use only.

WonderSlug
    WonderSlug
    Participant

Roger that. I didn’t mean to over step, and I totally respect your position on the subject. Consider them wiped. 🙂

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Thanks for the understanding mate. I hate to be paranoid about such things – but you know lawyers.

Good on you.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.