Home Forums The Gaming Room A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away…

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  8th 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

8th
    Participant

FFG have just announced this…

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/8/16/dont-underestimate-the-force/

A reprint of the first edition of West End Games Star Wars RPG.

I still have both books and have pleasant memories of the campaign I ran back in the old days.

In fact, I refered to it when I started a new campaign using Wizards d20 rules and FFG’s recent rules.

The books are a bit worn about the edges, but they’re 30 years old and have been used a lot over that time.

Although they’re making a high quality reprint, I don’t think I’ll buy. My books are still good enough to run a game and they carry my memories in their pages…

But it does make me feel old.

So what games have been in your collection for a long time and still get used, even if just for reference?

Universal Head
    Keymaster

I gave this one a miss back in the day, but then for some reason I’ve never been as inspired or excited by Star Wars as many of my contemporaries.

None of my old RPGs get used anymore, but at last I have them out of storage and back on my shelves where I can reach for them any time. AD&D, Gamma World, Star Frontiers, Chill, Call of Cthulhu … I guess my huge Tékumel collection gets the most use as I’m still involved with that world through my site tekumel.com.

They all have great nostalgia value and instantly take me back to being an imaginative 12 year old!

8th
    Participant

There are things in our lives that just ‘click’ and Star Wars was one of those for me. You can’t always explain it… it just is.

Another of my favourites is Alternity and it’s Dark*Matter setting. I love Cthulhu, but it doesn’t work with my current group.

You have Tekumel and that does nothing for me.

We’re all different and that’s not a bad thing.

If something inspires you… that’s good.

And I wasn’t just talking RPG’s. Board games, card games, fiction. It’s an open topic.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.