Home Forums The Reception Hall German War of the Ring fan saying "Hi"

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Universal Head 3 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Uthoroc
    Uthoroc
    Participant

Hi folks, just a quick introduction since I’ve started reading the EO’s forums a little more regularly. The name’s Ralf and I’m a German rpg and boardgame fan, who’s been using Peter’s amazing reference material for ages.

I reserve a special place in my heart for the “War of the Ring” boardgame, for which I run a German website, but I love a ton of other thematic boardgames too. Recent acquisitions include Sails of Glory, Mice & Mystics and A Few Acres of Snow. I also backed the just finished Age of Conan Kickstarter.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Well, I know you you are! Great to see you hear Ralf, a warm welcome to you. You must laugh your head off at our bumbling WotR videos. 😉

Uthoroc
    Uthoroc
    Participant

Just chuckling softly. 😉

But I’m also envious about your videos. I was thinking about doing a German version of Ricky Royal’s intro videos, but basically am lost already at trying to set up proper video recording. 🙁 What do you use?

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Well, my advice ould not be very good, because my set up is very rough and ready indeed, using just natural light. My camera is a good one however – a Sony RX100Mk II (though I find the autofocus annoyingly slow).

One day I’ll get some proper softbox lights and such, but I haven’t got around to it yet.

The only advice I would give that I think is useful is to keep it short and snappy. Personally, I find most YouTube videos to be interminably long and drawn out. I really try to trim the fat as much as possible and always keep them to less than the standard YouTube limit of 15 min (though of course the longer battle reports and tutorials are broken into several episodes).

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.