Home Forums The Kitchen Giga-Robo

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Universal Head 9 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

briscoe999
    Participant

I seem to have totally missed this kickstarter from last year, and i don’t think it got any mention here.
    It looks like it is being released Q1 of this new year, and the game is about giant robots battling it out in a city landscape causing mass destruction. I did some investigating on the game’s KS page and watched a few videos, and the game actually looks quite good.

Is anybody here getting this game or have any thoughts on it?

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Here’s the link.

Japanese giant cartoon robots/monsters have never been my thing. It feels like it’s a theme that’s been done to death: Heavy Hitters, Monsterpocalypse, King of Tokyo, Monsters Menace America… but I suppose if you’re into this kind of thing it would be exciting.

Chivenger
    Participant

Monsterpocalypse was such a big hit for me that any other giant monster game really has to clear a high bar for me to consider dropping money on it. I have seen Giga-Robo a few times and even demoed it as the creator is in the greater Chicago area. I just couldn’t pull the trigger on it. The figures are cool, the terrain mechanics are neat, and there is a lot going on that seemed cool. The biggest thing for me was that there was so much going on, that if I wasn’t playing on a regular basis, then I would have to relearn so much that I just couldn’t justify the expense or effort to get someone else to play it with me. A lot of what I liked about Giga-Robo was captured for me in Champions of Hara. Maybe take a look and see if you agree. Not the big stompy monsters, but there are plenty of cool creatures and minis to paint.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Talking about giant robots, I just got GKR Heavy Hitters by Cryptazoic/Weta.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.