Home Forums The Gaming Room Gloomhaven 2nd Printing Kickstarter

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  CK Lai 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

briscoe999
    Participant

Yesterday was the first day of the kickstarter for the 2nd printing of Gloomhaven. Surprisingly, this game has received very little (if any) mention on the EOG. I passed on GH the first time around, but i am feeling i have to get it now (the praise the game is receiving is through the roof!!)

Has anybody else either backed the first printing or is going to back this current KS for the second printing?

Soulsorcerer
    Soulsorcerer
    Participant

I have an eye out for it…but still in doubt that I have time to really play it the way you should….so we will see 🙂

8th
    Participant

Hadn’t heard of it until you mentioned it. Trying to cut back on KS at the moment, but when I get some time I’ll take a look at it.

Rahdo annoys me though. Rambles on a lot which makes him hard to watch.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Looks too much like Mage Knight to me. How I disliked that game!

briscoe999
    Participant

I looked at some playthroughs of GH, and while the game seems interesting, it does look pretty fiddly.

I also am trying to cut back on new game buying (although I backed Rise of Moloch and Rising Sun already this year).

I certainly will say that “The Cult of the New” is not always better. As a matter of fact, after the “newness” wears off – alot of times those games end up being inferior to stuff that it already out there.

Example – i just recently bought Spartacus: A Game of Blood and Treachery. This game was released in 2012.
    This is an absolute fantastic gem of a game….but it has no buzz because it is not “new” anymore.

I’ve also had a sealed copy of Knizia’s Lord of the Rings Fantasy Flight Silverline Edition on my shelf for a few years. I finally watched several playthroughs of the game – and it looks REALLY good!!
    What did i do today – I broke the seal, put the tokens in a small plano box, pimped it out with LOTR Heroclix hobbits (not sure yet which miniature i am going to use for Fatty) – and I plan on playing it this week with my gaming group.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Yes, now that I have finally got all my games out on shelves, it‘s time to have a good long look at some old favourites.

briscoe999
    Participant

UH – That is one thing i like alot about your channel – there is discussion/videos/rules summaries of really old, semi-old and newer thematic games (a very good mix).

8th
    Participant

Not old exactly, but I had Blood Rage for a year before I got to play it and when I did found out what I was missing. Only played as two player so far, but it’s a lot of fun.

Same with Thunderbirds. Tried a solo when I got it. Played it recently (same day as I got Blood Rage off the shelf) and enjoyed it. Lot of planning and talking, which is good… games are social and if all you’re doing is think about tactics, you’re missing out on the social aspect.

Found the Pathfinder Adventure Card app and that was great fun as a solo. Dug out the Rise of the Runelords box now and plan to try the card game again…. only ever got two adventure sets into it before and now I want to finish… despite having to shuffle lots of cards in decks of ten or less…

We get so hooked on backing games or buying them that we sometimes forget to play them…

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Thanks briscoe999, that’s very nice to hear, great feedback.

CK Lai
    Participant

That’s why the site is called The Esoteric Order… 😉

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.