Home Forums The Reception Hall Greetings Fellow Explorers of the Tabletop Universe

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Bremic Bremic 4 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Bremic
    Bremic
    Participant

I will open with a question. Does anyone like writing these?

I am a gamer based out of Melbourne, Australia who has spent a lot of his life gaming. Starting back in the mid 70s, and evolving through many different gaming styles through the years since. I spent a lot of time writing role playing games, and even had one of my adventures published by Atlas Games. I was paid money for it and everything.

These days I am much more into Board Gaming, and have been finding every opportunity to explore this hobby more and more. I think I have gone from gaming once a month to twice a week in the last twelve months.

There are a lot of games I am loving at the moment. But I will name a few. Merchant of Venus, Cosmic Encounter, The Lord of the Rings LCG, Mice and Mystics, A Study in Emerald, Descent (2nd edition), Cosmic Encounter, and Star Realms. These are the ones I am yearning to get to the table a lot at the moment (yes I know I mentioned CE twice).

I have been trying to get out to more organized gaming events in Melbourne, and have been enjoying the community a lot. Meeting new people and experiencing new games, which has led to a lot of impulse purchases.

Having never been crafty I am now trying my hand at making box mods for storage, and with my wife getting into miniature painting I might try this as well; though with the fact that I have very shaky hands I don’t expect that will get far.

I have used this site for the Rules Summaries quite a lot, and I look forward to learning more through what I think could become my favorite Board Gaming community.

Thanks Universal Head.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Hi Bremic, and welcome!

All good games – I’ve been meaning to pick up Star Realms myself, and I have all the others you mention except Mice & Mystics.

It’s great to see people join the forums and meet them, I think there’s an exciting future ahead for the EOG and its members. Glad you’re a part of it!

GrandpaBob
    GrandpaBob
    Participant

Does anyone like writing these?

It depends on how much sunlight is in the room, and if coffee/grapefruit juice is right. Right now the coffee is a little strong, but the light is just right. Oh, and hi Bremic!

I just got Cosmic Encounter a few weeks ago and I’m loving it. I have yet to play with tech cards which I may try out today during my afternoon gaming session.

Bremic
    Bremic
    Participant

Oh, Grapefruit Juice…

I miss grapefruit juice so much now that I am not allowed to drink it.

I keep getting more games of Cosmic in, and each time I want to play more.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.