Home Forums The Reception Hall Greetings from Malaysia!

This topic contains 50 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Avatar razide 4 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 13 through 24 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    CK Lai
    Participant

Reviews. Battle Reports. There’s even an article on Beasts of War. All within the last year or so. Not bad for a “dead” game and company, eh?

Yeah. That’s what I thought, too. But metals… hmm… I know it’s heresy, but I kinda prefer plastic myself. Less hassle.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

I guess I’m still old-fashioned (I started painting miniatures in about 1979!) but I still have a soft spot for metal miniatures.

Given the new world of Kickstarter, I’m sure someone will grab the licence one day and re-release this.

CK Lai
    Participant

I’ve read that CMON holds the rights for the minis game. Cyanide for computer games (did you know there’s already several games based on Aarklash already?). But if WoK is CMON’s entry into the field, can we expect Confrontation to be revived?

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Frankly, I wouldn’t be too happy about it being revived right after the launch of Wrath of Kings. One fantasy tabletop miniatures game per company is enough, especially when they are so similar in style (eg Wolfen/Scourge).

CK Lai
    Participant

Yes. Frankly, I was amazed at how similar the Wolfen/Szkorza were. First cousins, to be precise.

CMON has 2 miniatures games in their IP: WoK and Dark Age. Really wonder what they’re going to do with the Confrontation IP in the long term.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

I’m not even sure if CMON does have the Confrontation licence. Cyanide got it to make video games, and licenced Legacy Miniatures to make miniatures, who made a few which they sold from the CMON website. In a 2011 interview, they said they had about 85% of the masters.

What happened to Legacy Miniatures? Who knows, they seem to have disappeared for several years now.

CK Lai
    Participant

Huh. Really? Wonder if the Confrontation IP is up for grabs, then?

CK Lai
    Participant

Ah. Found this online:

“Rackham collapsed in 2010 but several companies decided to continue the Confrontation line. Legacy Miniatures started to reanimate the line in 2011. They have even produced some brand-new miniatures that had not been in the market due to Rackham liquidation. In April 2012, CoolMiniOrNot announced via Ravage magazine that they would be publishing a new edition of Confrontation based on the 3rd edition rules”

What that last sentence now means is anyone’s guess since WoK came out.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Couldn’t find that anywhere, nice one. Well, maybe they decided to go with WoK instead, or maybe a Confrontation revival is still in the works. Personally, I hope the former, but then I’m selfish as I already have large Confrontation armies, and its revival would mean less attention for WoK.

CK Lai
    Participant

Too late! I’ve already started ordering the Dirz faction from MM (although SOMEONE swooped in and bought ALL the flyers… hellhounds something. Sheeesh).

But yes. More WoK for now. Re-starting a dormant line of minis is probably as difficult (if not more) as starting a brand new line.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

I’ve probably shot myself in the foot by promoting the game, now other people are buying up all the last figures! Can’t recall any fliers among the Scorpions …

razide
    Participant

The ‘Syhar Sighthounds’ have the flight ability – ignore fighters and obstacles.

In Confrontation 3 they were called ‘Tigers of Dirz’ but without the skeletal wings – one of them had the Leap ability which would be similar to CAoR’s Flight.

Viewing 12 posts - 13 through 24 (of 51 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.