Home Forums The Kitchen Hand of Fate: Ordeals

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Universal Head 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Universal Head
    Keymaster

I like the graphic style of this one, but the deckbuilding mechanics don’t excite me enough to buy in:

Hand of Fate: Ordeals

Uthoroc
    Uthoroc
    Participant

Yes, very nice presentation (especially the cards), but otherwise a bit of a mess, isn’t it? I find it quite hard to recognize a coherent theme and/or rule design from the KS description. Am I playing characters sitting around a table playing a game? Or playing characters traveling around the land? Or both? I find it confusing.

8th
    Participant

I saw this too, but didn’t catch my interest.

Had a wacky idea…

UK Games Expo very soon and there might be some new stuff there. Maybe I should buy something available now rather than something available in a year, or so.

Not surprising given recent events in Manchester Arena, but they are increasing security and doing more random bag checks at the venue this time. Might cause some delays getting in, but better then leaving in an ambulance, or worse.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

It seems like a pretty standard simple deckbuilder – buy cards to put in discard pile, improve your deck, move around and beat numbers, rinse and repeat.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.