Home Forums The Storage Room Has anyone attempted a foam core storage solution for Space Hulk 4e?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Universal Head 4 years ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Mitchlav
    Mitchlav
    Participant

Space Hulk is an incredible game with stunning pieces, but it is packed so tightly into the box that I think the centimeters lost to a foam core organizational insert might make it impossible to fit everything in, particularly the models.

Has anyone tried?

Thoughts?

Thanks,

M

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Mein Gott! A new topic! Huzzah!

Well Mitchlav, my copy is, unfortunately, currently in storage, but to store the figures I turned to Battlefoam and bought the foam storage solution they have available that fits in the box. You can see it here. I coupled it with a foamcore tray I built myself for the components. It was a very close fit.

Keep in mind that was for the last re-issue of the game, and I’m not sure if there’s are any extra figures or changed figures in the new re-re-issue.

Vious
    Vious
    Participant

The models/figures are identical. I just put my 4th edition models in the Battlefoam troop tray last night. The only additions to the 4th edition are a few cardboard bits. It’s too bad your copy is in storage, I would be extremely interested in seeing pics of your foam core tray as your designs always turn out better than what I’ve come up with on my own.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Yes, sorry about that. There’s going to be a big influx of new stuff when I finally get all my games back out of storage! Especially foamcore-wise: I have a foamcore insert for almost every game I own.

I must get more foamcore designs on the site, but making the 3D plans takes quite a bit of time.

Mitchlav
    Mitchlav
    Participant

Thanks for the replies, and I also ordered the BF “Generic Corridor Space Shooter” (or whatever it is called) insert. The problem I found was that after using it to store the models (which is does very well, if a bit puzzle-like), I couldn’t fit all the game bits back in the box. I attribute this to the slightly thicker cardboard used for the tiles, but as it is, I have to store the counters and such outside of the box, in a Plano 3650. I love the Plano 3650, but I’d love to keep the bits together.

Eat cake + Have cake = success!

Cool site, BTW.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Strange, it worked for me; sorry I don’t have it on hand to show you. I know I only used the figure part of the foam, then somehow managed to pack the rest in (it was a very tight fit). But yes, if the cardboard is thicker that may make the difference.

Thanks!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.