Home Forums The Kitchen Hellboy KS

This topic contains 11 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  CK Lai 4 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

The8thPagan
    Participant

Hellboy has launched on KS. Funded in about 15 minutes.

£89 early bird which is £20 more than retail… yep you read that correctly.

However… it includes a lot of extra miniatures with two gameplay expansions with total RRP of around £130 (for the expansions alone, approx 200 for everything).

Prices goes to £95 after 24 hours.

I’m backing this one. Hellboy is cool… and you can never have too many plastic Nazis 🙂

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1744629938/hellboy-the-board-game

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Backed. I can’t resist anything Hellboy.

CK Lai
    Participant

Ditto!

Grifter
    Grifter
    Participant

I absolutely love the miniatures and the idea of Hellboy, even though I have never read a single Hellboy-comic. But I’m desperately trying to stay away for a while from games with unpainted minis, because I have such a backlog of stuff I still have to paint.

Soulsorcerer
    Soulsorcerer
    Participant

So…I will out myself here…I did like the movie…I do like the “setting” a lot…wired world war stuff is cool…but the art style of mike mignola is just not for me. Too “blury” for me…if thats the right word to descibe it. So not hard to resist this KS…puh 😉

Grifter
    Grifter
    Participant

Burn the heretic! 😉

Universal Head
    Keymaster

I love Mignola’s graphic style. Grifter – check out the anthologies, they look great on the shelf as a set.

eg https://www.amazon.com/Hellboy-Vol-1-Seed-Destruction/dp/1593070942

Grifter
    Grifter
    Participant

Errrr, while I am burning Soulsorcerer at the stake, I should probably come clean and admit I’m not that enamored with Mignola’s art myself.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Philistines! 😉

The8thPagan
    Participant

Latest add-on does not impress me.

Don’t like the wrestler sculpts.

Last week addons were only recycled dungeon terrain.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Overall the minis are definitely lacking flair, I must admit. There’s something very ‘done on a computer’ about them. But it’s the best we’ve got for Hellboy at present!

CK Lai
    Participant

Yeah. The add ons didn’t impress. I can happily forego Hellboy in Mexico. It was OK as a comic but didn’t grab me.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.