Home Forums The Gaming Room Hello Forums!

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Issari 4 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Issari
    Participant

Greetings to the new forum!

I’ve recently started getting into X-wing Miniatures and am absolutely LOVING it! I’ve been primarily working on getting a Rebel fleet together (with a few X-wings and a YT-1300), but since my gamer friends haven’t started playing it just yet, I have also fleshed out my Tie Fighter collection so I have something to play against that they can use until they buy in.

And can’t wait until Blue Sun for Firefly. Although that means the wife and I need to buy a bigger kitchen table…

John

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Hi John, and welcome!

X-Wing does rock, I agree. My last game was with the Rebel Transport and it really shook the game up; the change in scale gave it a great feel. Looking forward to getting that huge Tantive IV on the table too.

Firefly is also a favourite, especially with the Pirates and Bounty Hunters expansion, which is an essential buy I think. I’m looking forward to seeing what Blue Sun adds.

Pixelpoop
    Participant

I loved X-wing in the beginning but ended up not playing it a bunch so I sold it. I’m more of a play a lot of games a few times than a play a few games a lot of times guy.

I’m a bit hesitant on Firefly. I love Merchants of Venus and Merchants and Marauders so I’m not sure of I need another pick up and delivery game.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Firefly is great fun, but you’re right, unless you’re big fan of the theme it probably isn’t different enough from both of those games (though I have all three).

Issari
    Participant

The theme is definitely what drove me to play Firefly, and with the pvp addition in Pirates and Bounty Hunters it upped the ante. Luckily I have a dual-purpose use for X-wing minis: We use them in an Edge of the Empire campaign that I GM. In fact, that was the driving factor for me purchasing them in the first place. The fact that it’s a fun skirmish mini game (that I’m not required to paint 56-60 miniatures to paint in order to play) is a huge bonus.

I’m definitely interested in the big ship battles, but I’m going to concentrate on getting a solid 100-point fleet or two together first.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.