Home Forums The Reception Hall Hello from Chicagoland

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Universal Head 10 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Chivenger
    Participant

Was over on BGG and reading a thread about the new Firefly Adventures, Brigands and Browncoats and just what a trainwreck the rules are. So I popped over here to see if there were new guides or if they might be in the offing. Not seeing anything, I sent a message and then started reading the various threads and wanted to be part of the conversation.

Hope to learn a little about making better dividers and painting my minis and looking forward to reading your thoughts on various games. If you will be making the trip to Adepticon, maybe a meet up could be arranged.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Welcome Chivenger! I got your email, but I’ll answer here. I’m not really that interested in Firefly Adventures to be honest – sorry! I am a big Firefly fan, but the boardgame scratches that itch – a miniatures game with them running around fighting among cargo containers just doesn’t do it for me (and the miniatures don’t look very exciting at all).

I’m in New Zealand so trips to cons are a bit tricky, but I really do mean to get over to Gen Con one day.

Again, welcome to the EOG! 🙂

Soulsorcerer
    Soulsorcerer
    Participant

Hi and welcome! Thought about the pre-order for this…and did decide to wait and see how it goes. Looks like a good choice from what you say about the rules. 🙁

Chivenger
    Participant

Oh no. Can’t say I blame you. The promo resin pieces were not well manufactured. But the plastic pieces look like fun. Well maybe we can go to school on your awesome work on Firefly The Game and come up with better written rules.

8th
    Participant

As a fan Firefly, almost pre-ordered Firefly Adventures, by decided against it.

By the sound of it I made the right choice.

Firefly seems to be one those franchises that get used a lot, sells on the name and doesn’t live up to the promise.

Serenity RPG didn’t impressed me.

Firefly the boardgame bored me.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Firefly the boardgame is great! 🙂

8th
    Participant

We are both talking about the same game? Flying around trading and smuggling?

If so, I must be missing something. Seemed to take too long to achieve anything.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

The expansions improve the game, but it may not just be your thing.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.