Home Forums The Reception Hall Hello from the wettest dot on the map (The Netherlands)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Grifter Grifter 7 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Grifter
    Grifter
    Participant

Hello everyone! Happy to be part of this community. Been gaming for over thirty years now, starting with RPGs and then expanding into boardgames such as Heroquest and the older GW-games. I dabbled a bit in miniature wargaming with Rogue Trader, Adeptus Titanicus and Battletech. I was part of a gaming group for over 25 years (read: a bunch of geeks who had a few beers and occasionally even finished a game), but these days I mostly play with my son. I was looking for something we could both enjoy and that got a bit out of hand (not Universal Heads brand of out of hand……yet).
    Currently I am trying to finish painting my Mansions of Madness-miniatures before we run out of scenarios and I have just backed Pacific Rim: Extinction and Street Fighter: The Miniatures Game. Hoping to get a late pledge in for Nemesis as well.
    Anyway, that’s quite enough inane drivel from me. It’s nice to meet you all and I’m looking forward to some nice discussions about this hobby of ours.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

A hearty and friendly welcome! It’s great to have you here, and thanks again for the support.

That’s an excellent selection of gaming interests and you’ll fit right in. 🙂

Grifter
    Grifter
    Participant

Thanks for the warm welcome. I feel right at home already. Soooo, which one is my room? 😉

Soulsorcerer
    Soulsorcerer
    Participant

Hi there Grifter…welocme to our little community! Pacific Rim did not make the cut for me on KS….liked the minis…unsure of replayability of the actual game with so few cards…so if you get it tell me how it is 🙂

Grifter
    Grifter
    Participant

Ta very much! I surely will. And you do have a point about the cards. But I love Pacific Rim (the first one….the second, not so much) and the models looked great. So, if the game turns out to be a stinker, I’ll just use them as display-pieces.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

That little damp sack in the corner of the basement Grifter. It’s quite comfy, really!

Grifter
    Grifter
    Participant

A damp sack?! That’s considered bespoke furniture over here. I’m moving up in the world!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.