Home Forums The Reception Hall Hello OR servus from south germany

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Universal Head 3 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    alex
    alex
    Participant

Hi all,

Before i say anything, My english is bad, i Hope u unterstand what i mean.

Iam Alex from south Germany. Iam 37 years old and i Love boardgames and tabletopgames with Strategy and minatures.

This Are the games i have:

– horus Heresy
    – runewars
    – Arkham horror
    – Chaos in the old world
    – starcraft
    – memoir 44
    – Space hulk
    – Earth reborn
    And i thinking about to buy battelelore2 and Lord of the rings.

If i was a Young Boy i Play risko (Risk) and stratego, i Hope you Know what games i mean. Later if i was 20 years old, i see the First time warhammer 40000. i thing i will be Crazy, i didnt se befor a game like this. But at this Time i Hand no Time to work with this, because a was 4 years in the German Army.
    Later in My live with 30 years Look for a hobby in My live. Teen i remember My sweety – Strategie boardgames tabletopgames and so on -. So i buy in the last years the games that i Write at the beginning.

So iam here as a boardgamegeek.

Iam Lucky to find this Place, the Esoterik Order of Gamers.

I like the Videos and the Charakters, thanks to Will and Peter. You make a good Job. I want to see much more.

Thats it. Ask me if you have a question.

Servus
    Alex

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Willkommen Alex! That’s a great list of games and I think you’ll fit right in – very glad to hear you’re enjoying the EOG!

brianparker
    brianparker
    Participant

Hi Alex,

Good to see somebody from, “just down the road”. Where are you in Germany? I’m in Luxembourg.

I also understood you well enough so no problem mate. Nice to meet you.

Cheers,
    Brian

alex
    alex
    Participant

Hi Brain,

I am from a Little town called heidenheim. It is between Stuttgart and Munich.
    If i was by the Army, My unit was at the near of Luxembourg. Perhaps you know that, it called merzig. At this Time i Drive once in the week over the border and take fuel for My car.

Nice to meet you too.

Servus
    Alex

P.s.: what do you Drink on the Photo?

brianparker
    brianparker
    Participant

Hi Alex,

That time it was Jack Daniels. When I have the money it’s Talisker! 😎

One English thing that is actually more like German is instead of saying, “If I was by the Army”, I think you want to say, “When I was in the Army”. It is like wenn/wann/als.

I hope you are not offended by this, it is meant well. In Luxembourg there are so many different nationalities we are always helping each other with languages.

I can speak “tourist” German but nothing impressive and I would be lost trying to write it, so well done to you.

Cheers,
    Brian

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Ahh, I’m a fan of the occasional single malt myself. The Balvenie, Glenmorangie and Oban are a few favs.

alex
    alex
    Participant

Brain: oh yes your are right. I mean “when”. And please give me tips by the language. And yes, for a good european i know, that is in luxembourg multinational people. Thats cool. I like that.
    I enjoy to drink scotch Whisky. But i Drink also glenfitich. Because Nobody Show me an other. Stupid, OR?

Peters: when i you see the First time i know that you Love Single malt. One Sentence. You sit on the Couch with will, enjoy a Glass whisky, and talk about the game before.
    At that Moment, i Look all your Videos. Hahaha. Cool OR not.
    Glenfitich is Single malt, too.

Servus
    Alex

Universal Head
    Keymaster

We must do more red couch post-game discussions! 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.