Home Forums The Gaming Room Hordes & Warmachine

This topic contains 13 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Universal Head 2 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 14 total)
  • Author

8th
    Participant

New edition of Warmachine and Hordes from June 29th.

Free download of rules. New faction decks. New battle-boxes (with some tacky looking coloured plastic miniatures, but might be cheap way to get the mini-rules and a faction book).

http://www.allnewwar.com

Universal Head
    Keymaster

I played v1 and enjoyed it. Bought v2 and all the cards and never got a chance to play it. My Menoth and Cryx armies are in storage, sadly. But good to see the game is still going strong. One day I’ll get it back to the table.

razide
    Participant

Time to dig out the Kador & Cryx figures and jump from V1 to V3 perhaps. Not that my v1 Rule book ever had much use. Along with Hordes demo paper cut outs.
    Touch up some Convergence figures too.

“some tacky looking coloured plastic miniatures” – the blue plastic looks really garish.

Soulsorcerer
    Soulsorcerer
    Participant

Waited for the new edition to get into the game…but had high hopes for better plastic kits then in the now old 2 player starter box…will have to wait if that colored stuff is really worth it.

8th
    Participant

Hordes Primal Mk3 arrived today with Cygnar and Circle faction decks.

Not had time to read through yet and won’t get to play for a month or so.

Opted for Hordes as my opponent has Warmachine armies. Summary of Warmachine at the back of the Hordes book.

Ordered the other two faction decks, Cryx and Mercenaries, so close to £90 to upgrade.

Warroom App isn’t upgraded. Have to download Warroom 2 and buy faction decks again… discounted if bought before, but price gone up. Not planning to do so as I feel ripped off.

Graydeth
    Graydeth
    Participant

I like the new faction colored minis. You can leave them unpainted and still play. I like how they made it easy for new people to just get into the system. The tutorial video is also quite good.

I do not like how I have to buy new cards for minis I already own. Nor do I like their new online-pricing policy (maybe another discussion). The War Room app is iOS and android… neither of which I own. Would’ve been nice if they offered a Windows version. I did look at some android emulators but, I find them lacking. So, I’d have to buy the faction deck cards… but, wait, they just released an errata list that seemed quite long! Do you want cards that may be already out of date? Back to buying an ipad or android tablet just for the auto-updating info in the War Room app (and pokemon go).

I do like the bookend collector sets for the rules. Too bad I’m poor.

8th
    Participant

Yep. Hefty errata, but they are going to post a pdf soon to print your own corrections.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Bloody hell, it is just utterly unnacceptable. Do the bloody testing and proofing before releasing the printed product. Where’s the quality control?

As a result, I won’t touch it until the second print run and everything’s fixed. Get professional, game publishers.

8th
    Participant

To be fair to Privateer Press… there are 10 factions and hundreds of cards. In house testing will never find all the errors that a public release will reveal.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Well, yeah, but that’s their job. Otherwise people pay for packs of new unit cards and end up with sets mixed in with self-printed bits from PDFs. If necessary, they should a PDF release so the public can check it before the final printing. A few errors are always inevitable, but not a long errata surely.

8th
    Participant

Don’t call me ‘surely’ 🙂

If they pdf the unit cards pre-release then no one buys the cards.

It’s not just board games though.

Quake 3 was bugged beyond playing at release and needed a patch day one.

D&D 3 became 3.5 in far too short a time period.

Recently bought Eldritch Horror: Carcosa. The UK batch was missing the big cards (Elder God and Investigators). FFG sent them out when requested.

Mansions of Madness: Forbidden Alchemy was flawed. They fixed it free.

Money is the motivator for business, sell now, fix it later.

Other manufacturers do it. Cars and fridges that burst into flames.

The world is broken…

Universal Head
    Keymaster

🙂 This is the annoying thing – so many things these days are fixed post-release.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.