Home Forums The Gaming Room Infinity by Corvus Belli

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Soulsorcerer Soulsorcerer 1 week, 5 days ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Uthoroc
    Uthoroc
    Participant

Alright, I finally broke down and got myself an Infinity starter set (Operation Red Veil).
    Red Veil Box

I’ve been following the “Infinity: Defiance”, but while it looks great, I really don’t need another dungeon crawler and am much more interested in the skirmish game. I know it’s fairly complex, but from the Let’s Plays I’ve watched it really seems right up my alley.

The minis are a bit fiddly to assemble, but they do look absolutely gorgeous. I’m looking forward to painting them!
    Yu Jing troops

The included cardboard terrain and paper playmat are a bit flimsy of course, but should serve just fine for the first few games. The buildings are actually very cleverly constructed and I added some foamcore to improve their stability.
    Neon Lotus complex

For about €78 the box seems to be a pretty good deal, with 14 top quality minis, the cardboard scenery, introductory rules and six missions. I’m really looking forward to learning the game.

Soulsorcerer
    Soulsorcerer
    Participant

The game is not that hard to learn as long as you do not want to participate in tournaments. Because the basic rules and special abilities with a limited minis pool is not that complex. Once you get your head around the “reaction” and “order pool” rules you are good to go. Have fun!

Oh…and just because you might have missed it…the new N4 Edition seams to be around the corner.

Uthoroc
    Uthoroc
    Participant

Yeah, I’m not going to buy the N3 rulebook any time soon. 😀 For now I’m looking forward to painting the wonderful minis.

Soulsorcerer
    Soulsorcerer
    Participant

The old (rule-)books have a lot of fluff. Every expansion advances the timeline and story…so if you are interested in the background and can get the books cheap its worth it for that alone. 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.