Home Forums The Gaming Room Infinity by Corvus Belli

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    UthorocUthoroc

Alright, I finally broke down and got myself an Infinity starter set (Operation Red Veil).
    Red Veil Box

I’ve been following the “Infinity: Defiance”, but while it looks great, I really don’t need another dungeon crawler and am much more interested in the skirmish game. I know it’s fairly complex, but from the Let’s Plays I’ve watched it really seems right up my alley.

The minis are a bit fiddly to assemble, but they do look absolutely gorgeous. I’m looking forward to painting them!
    Yu Jing troops

The included cardboard terrain and paper playmat are a bit flimsy of course, but should serve just fine for the first few games. The buildings are actually very cleverly constructed and I added some foamcore to improve their stability.
    Neon Lotus complex

For about €78 the box seems to be a pretty good deal, with 14 top quality minis, the cardboard scenery, introductory rules and six missions. I’m really looking forward to learning the game.

SoulsorcererSoulsorcerer
    Participant

The game is not that hard to learn as long as you do not want to participate in tournaments. Because the basic rules and special abilities with a limited minis pool is not that complex. Once you get your head around the “reaction” and “order pool” rules you are good to go. Have fun!

Oh…and just because you might have missed it…the new N4 Edition seams to be around the corner.

UthorocUthoroc

Yeah, I’m not going to buy the N3 rulebook any time soon. 😀 For now I’m looking forward to painting the wonderful minis.

SoulsorcererSoulsorcerer
    Participant

The old (rule-)books have a lot of fluff. Every expansion advances the timeline and story…so if you are interested in the background and can get the books cheap its worth it for that alone. 🙂

UthorocUthoroc

Before the lights go our here in the forum, here are a few more images from my Infinity painting over Christmas and New Year. The minis are absolutely gorgeous and inspired me to take my brushwork to a new level.

I’ve also gotten my first learning game in which was great fun and I’m looking forward to more!

SoulsorcererSoulsorcerer
    Participant

They look really great!!! 🙂

Keymaster

Nice stuff Ralf!

Participant

Lights go out in the forum? Are the forums going to be officially closing?

Keymaster

I’m giving it serious thought – there just isn’t much going on here and though I’ve given it years, attendance and discussion hasn’t really increased. Everyone’s on social media instead.

SoulsorcererSoulsorcerer
    Participant

Did you see the new box “Operation Kaldstrom” for Infinity? Is has the new “simplified” rules “Code One”? I am really tempted to get the limited bundle…even if I so do not need new minis for infinity….arghhhhh!!!! 🙂

Keymaster

No, didn’t see that, but I don’t have the budget or the bandwidth for Infinity. One day I’ll have another look at the starter set I have I guess, but they blew their first chance with me with those convoluted rules. And the minis, while nicely sculpted, just all tend to look the same to me.

UthorocUthoroc

A final posting here with some of the painting I’m done over New Year. The Infinity minis are just absolutely wonderful, and I also got my first (learning) game in which was great fun.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.