Home Forums The Gaming Room Infinity by Corvus Belli

Viewing 12 posts - 13 through 24 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    SoulsorcererSoulsorcerer
    Participant

Looks great!!!

UthorocUthoroc

Thanks! Still waiting for more games here, while my Red Veil box is completely painted. The stupid forum will probably not allow me to post pictures. but here’s the link to the photo gallery on Google.

Yu Jing
    Haqqislam

Participant

The new, “simplified” Code One rules don’t seem to be much different from their old Quick Start Rules with the exception of variable table sizes as opposed to the recommended standard 4×4.

And it’s a pity our esteemed Head had such a negative introduction to Infinity. I agree the advanced rules are a major pain. So many exceptions and breaking of standard rules that it isn’t funny. But the core rules are simple, elegant and lots of fun, especially when playing the Recon+ rules that also give you some scenario objectives to shoot for rather than just killing everyone in sight.

It does help tremendously when you have an experienced player to walk you through your first few games of Infinity, though, like I was privileged to have.

Also: lovely, lovely painted minis. Wish I could reach such standards, but not even on my best days…

SoulsorcererSoulsorcerer
    Participant

@Uthoroc Such a great paint job! And that background makes it look very professional – love it! And since my spring cleaning is nearly done…and I have this week off…I will be painting…for real! After my horrible first 5 minis back in 1994 (40K 2nd Ed. Starter Box) and years of me saying “I have to try it again”. Now is finally the time! I ordered some stuff online…and it should arrive within a few days. I am not sure I will post pictures….for obvious reasons…but I let you know how it went! 😉

@CK Lai I have not seen the rules yet…but I think it is just the basic rules with some smaller adjustments so that you can easily “upgrade” to N4 without having to “re-learn”. Oh…and I totally forgot about Recon…thanks for bringing that up. Wonder if that gets updated with N4? Wasn´t that rules set created by Ash Barker from GMG?

UthorocUthoroc

Thanks, I’m insanely and stupidly proud of these paintjobs, as the Infinity models have taken my painting up a significant notch.

The background is by Jon Hodgson, who’s map and art style I love. The minis backdrop was a goodie for his patreons.

Still debating myself whether I should get the Kaldstrom pre-order – it doesn’t quite fit my intend to collect more Haqqislam. I’ll probably rather get the Beyond Red Veil box.

SoulsorcererSoulsorcerer
    Participant

If I understood CB´s post right, the Code One rules will be free online in a few weeks. So if the minis do not interest you…I do not see a point in getting that 2 Player set. Beyond would make more sense. But I suppose the minis would go fast on eBay if necessary 🙂

Participant

@Soulsorceror: Yes, the Recon+ rules were written by Ash Barker. The Code One Quick Start PDF I downloaded so far just has variable table sizes as a difference from normal N3 rules. Maybe the forthcoming complete Code One rules will highlight more differences?

Keymaster

Fantastic work Ralf!

UthorocUthoroc

I was lucky enough to get a couple more Infinity games in. We’ve now played through the Operation Red Veil box, and with the last two missions, the game really began to shine. Tactical options became more relevant with more troops on the board and different weapon ranges available, as well as ditching the “Kill all the other guys” objectives. The last mission with the central objective and only 3 rounds in the game, was perfect.

You’ll find some more pics from the game by clicking the link below:
    Infinty game images

It’s still a daunting prospect to go from the starter rules to the N3 full rules, so I’ve gotten myself the new Code One starter box (Operation Kaldtrom). The rules are similar enough that the shift from our level of N3 rules is minimal, and the full Code One rules are MUCH slimmer than the N3.

I’ve also started painting some Aleph minis from the Operation Coldfront box I got in a charity auction. Love this “Dakini tacbots”.
    Dakini tacbot

Keymaster

Nice one Ralf. That bot looks great!

UthorocUthoroc

Thanks! I had great fun doing these three over the weekend.
    Squad of Dakini tacbots

UthorocUthoroc

Aleph units done. I just love this more restrained (in comparison to 40k and others), sleek SciFi aesthetic.

Viewing 12 posts - 13 through 24 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.