Home Forums The Gaming Room Infinity by Corvus Belli

Viewing 11 posts - 25 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    SoulsorcererSoulsorcerer
    Participant

Great as always Ralf!!! 🙂

It looks like only the first link works….or did I miss something?

UthorocUthoroc

It always seems to be hit and miss when I try to link to Google Photos. Do you see the image with all seven Aleph minis?

The link is to my Infinity Google Photo Album is this:
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/iCEvdnU5pWtKkwCx8

But you might need a Google account to see it, not sure.

SoulsorcererSoulsorcerer
    Participant

Link works – thank you. Really nice looking minis. Will you pick up N4?

UthorocUthoroc

I’ve already pre-ordered it, yes. 🙂 I actually also picked up the N3 books cheaply (for €10) for the fluff a little while ago.

UthorocUthoroc

I played my first proper game of Infinity CodeOne last night, Haqqislam vs Aleph (with the community-made C1 profiles for those factions), 15 points, Domination scenario.

It was a great game, but my opponent was plagued by bad luck in turn 1, wasting lots of his orders in trying to bring down my sniper on the roof. Int he counter attack, my Al Fasid heavy infantry brought down three opponents, heavily skewing the order count in my favor. While the Al Fasid was taken out later, my Zhayedan doctor managed to bring it back up twice, beyond it went down for good. I won the game with 6-2 victory points.

Participant

Sounds great, Uthoroc!

I always have memorable games every time I play Infinity. From a cheapo 8 point irregular Corregidor Jaguar taking down an entire Triad with a Chain Rifle, or going toe to toe with a Medium Infantry from Yu Jing (and winning!) … to my Tomcats always not making their Air Drop and having to walk in from the side… It’s a great game!

Nice to know there’s community made profiles for the older factions. Where can I download them please?

UthorocUthoroc

The community C1 profiles are available in this Google Spreadsheet. Very handy tools that also functions as an army builder. I got this through the Corvus Belli forum here.

Participant

Thanks.

I’m just surprised CB is ignoring existing players. If you don’t play those 4 C1 factions, you’re out of luck (officially).

UthorocUthoroc

Well, I think they decidedly want C1 to be the entry point for new players and not so much an alternative for the veterans. For them, N4 is coming out right now – so you can’t really say they are ignoring existing players.

I can understand that providing C1 unit stats for all the other factions takes a back seat. Priorities and all.

Participant

If anyone has any questions, btw, I’m a WarCor in America, so feel free to holler 🙂

C1 is like the “learn to play” game, but one that’s going to be a bit more supported; not to the level of an official game but an absolutely valid way to play the game.

The original idea made a lot more sense; I believe that the setup was to be “Code One released at Adepticon, get lots of playtesting feedback about some of the changes, finish them up and put them in N4 a few months later” but the pandemic has obviously gotten in the way of things.

The gap between C1 and N4 was supposed to be very small, and N3 still being playable… yeah.

UthorocUthoroc

Well, with a 100-page rulebook C1 certainly looks like quite a bit more than a “Learn to play” – and has it’s own introductory game in Operation Kaldstrom. 😀

I’ve played it three times now and we’ve touched most of the rules (standard movement and combat of course, hacking, mine-laying, camouflage, etc.), and it is certainly deep enough to keep playing and enjoying this level for quite a while. But I can also sort of see the point in the distance, where I would enjoy even more complexity, i.e dive into the full N4 rules. I’ve pre-ordered it and am looking forward to getting it in September/October.

Viewing 11 posts - 25 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.