Home Forums The Gaming Room Infinity

Tagged: 

Viewing 12 posts - 25 through 36 (of 150 total)
  • Author
    WonderSlugWonderSlug
    Participant

I’ve never worked with metal minis before but Peter told me they’re not that much worse than plastic for working with.

The most complex minis I’ve assembled were for Sedition Wars. I assembled all the promo minis, and those things had tons of pieces. I found the process to be fun despite the fiddliness of all the small bits.

MultigoretMultigoret
    Participant

Well if you have experience with minis, then you’re fine… i don’t agree with Peter though… 😛 Metal is not fun to assemble and if you don’t pin metal minis, they might not stay together forever. (pinning these ones was a pain in the rear! i didn’t pin most of them and i will for sure regret it sooner or later.)

But, they are absolutely stunning models and it was great fun painting them.

Keymaster

I feel well and truly damned! 🙂

Multigoret is right, metal can be tricky to work with sometimes and often joints need pinning – however I didn’t pin any in the Infinity starter set as the joins were pretty good and the pieces you’re joining (eg arms) very light. That said, the joins will always be less strong than super-glued plastic and if you drop or roughly knock the figures they may come apart again, which is annoying to fix and will probably involve paint job repair.

The Sedition Wars were fiddly as hell so I don’t think you’ll have any problems assembling these.

Glad to hear I wasn’t the only one who found the starter set rules a confusing mess! I think it’s best to work within the simple boundaries of the rules given (eg no prone) and house rule on the spot (in one of the videos you can see Will asking if he can shoot through his own guy and I just say ‘go for it’). I suppose all the extra detail can be found in the main rules once you get the hang of it. I really think watching some gameplay videos is essential to get the hang of the action-reaction-simultaneous roll system though.

You’re probably diving in at the deep end a bit WonderSlug but what the hell, if the theme rings your bell, that’s the one to go for!

WonderSlugWonderSlug
    Participant

I’d love to see all your minis, Multigoret, and Peter (once they’re done).

I can tell just by watching that the rules are very involved, but I like learning new systems anyway. So no harm there. The ARO system (that’s right, isn’t it?) reminds me a lot of “Reflex mode” from Sedition Wars, and is actually one of the more attractive aspects of this game to me versus other tabletop war games.

I get bored just watching a lot of war games because of the “I move all my guys, then you move all your guys” back and forth, and I think a system like Infinity, where both players are constantly scanning the battlefield, where you’ve got to consider reactions when planning your moves, would be really cool and keep me more involved.

MultigoretMultigoret
    Participant

Nomads

Nomads

Oparation icestorm

Again, sorry for crappy pics

WonderSlugWonderSlug
    Participant

In relation to what?

Are you trying to post pics but it’s not working?

Be sure not to leave the second field blank when linking. I believe it’s the one that asks for a description of the pic. That’s not optional.

MultigoretMultigoret
    Participant

PanOceania

MultigoretMultigoret
    Participant

Strange, i can see the pics i posted on my pc screen but not my phone…

Keymaster

It may have something to do with Dropbox permissions. Are you sure anyone is allowed to see the images at that address?

WonderSlugWonderSlug
    Participant

I can see a link now but no pic. Nothing in prior posts.

WonderSlugWonderSlug
    Participant

How does metal compare to plastics in terms of detail, etc.?

If it’s such a pain to work with, I imagine there must be some good reason to use metal, right? What’s the reason?

Keymaster

Metal holds more detail than plastic. But it’s more expensive, so it’s been phased out and it’s unusual to see full metal ranges these days.

Viewing 12 posts - 25 through 36 (of 150 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.