Home Forums The Gaming Room Infinity

Tagged: 

Viewing 12 posts - 49 through 60 (of 150 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

Is there any way in the Army Builder to add portraits of the figures to each stat sheet? Seems like it would be helpful for noobs printing army lists who aren’t that familiar with all the models.

I do this when I make my own reference sheets for miniatures games. Best way to quickly identify units.

WonderSlugWonderSlug
    Participant

Well of course you do. Where do you think the idea came from!? 😉

When you guys attach the figures to a custom base, the resin ones come to mind, do you remove the big “slot” piece that’s used for the regular bases? Do you use pins instead?

MultigoretMultigoret
    Participant

On metal i neatly remove mold lines before gluing. On plastic i remove it before gluing but without being as paranoid about it, i can still clean up even when glued.

I removed the bog slot and pinned them to the base.

WonderSlugWonderSlug
    Participant

miranda

Based and primed. Not as smooth as I was trying for on the primer but my airbrush was clogging/sputtering a lot. Real pain. Need more practice.

I think this is going to be fun to paint. The details are lovely and really pop more once the primer is on it. Was hard to tell with just the plain metal.

WonderSlugWonderSlug
    Participant

Try that link again… The edit button is no longer showing up on my previous post. Is there a time limit on that?

Miranda

MultigoretMultigoret
    Participant

nice, airbrush really is the next thing i should get. Scary to start something all over again.

Keymaster

Shouldn’t be a time limit as long as you’re logged in WS. You seem to be having a few problems lately with the forums, but I haven’t heard of any other probs and everything seems to be working fine for me. How’s the stability of your connection usually? I’d always like to track down anything that’s making them not fun to use, if possible.

WonderSlugWonderSlug
    Participant

Yeah, I have. I’ve been trying to troubleshoot / localize it too, but unfortunately my issues are spread across two locations (home and work) and three if you count my phone, so it’s proving difficult to nail down.

I’m at home now and I cannot see the edit button for my posts. It used to be just to the left of the “reply” button.

I recently upgraded my home PC (Windows 10, Chrome) to Windows 10, and thought maybe that was the culprit, but when the problem turned up at work (Windows 7, Chrome) I dismissed that theory.

When I posed the original “primed Miranda” pic, I did so on my phone (Android, Chrome browser) while waiting for my lunch. The edit button was visible. Well, as you know, the link was broken so I attempted to fix it when I got back to my office (Windows 7, Chrome) but there was no edit button. Our internet connection at the office is VERY fast and stable. This is when I posted asking about the button having a timer.

Strange thing happening at home now; Images aren’t loading on a web page I frequent, Polygon.com, but I know they normally do. Could be a temp issue on their end, but who knows.

Maybe it’s time to wipe this home machine and do a clean Windows 10 install to see if things clear up, at least at home.

EDIT:
    I’m posting this message on my home PC (Windows 10) but trying Edge, the new built in browser. When I submitted this message, the edit button was visible, but only for this message. Further testing when able.

WonderSlugWonderSlug
    Participant

Jumped over to Google Chrome, hit “refresh” on the thread and now I can see “edit” on the post I just made using a separate browser. Strange.

Keymaster

Let me know if there’s anything I can do to help this end.

MultigoretMultigoret
    Participant

Played through Operation Icestorm a second time. I have to say that once you play with the full force included in the box and the full rules not the “simplified” ones in the booklet, adding (Suppression fire, going prone, cautious movements, surprise shots from TO Camo etc.), the better and more interesting the game gets.

Ofc you are dealing with more rules which are clearly badly written (i can not defend them anymore). It especially shows when you look through the shop for new units to add to the collection and want to know what those units can do in game…

It looks to be a very involving game demanding dedication and gradual learning of new rules, equipment and abilities. But definitely and awesome game with gorgeous minis.

Keymaster

That kind of required level of dedication would have really engaged me when I was younger, but these days I don’t know if I have the time or inclination. I’ll definitely add to my two forces as suggested in the Icestorm rulebook and play with the full rules, but beyond that it might all be a bit too time-consuming!

Viewing 12 posts - 49 through 60 (of 150 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.