Home Forums The Gaming Room Infinity

Tagged: 

Viewing 12 posts - 73 through 84 (of 150 total)
  • Author
    MultigoretMultigoret
    Participant

Everything was glued before painting for me.

Keymaster

Me too.

WonderSlugWonderSlug
    Participant

Thanks guys. Any tips you can offer on the little antennae things for the father knight, etc.? Did you pin them, green stuff, anything?

I tried attaching with super glue today and it didn’t get a firm enough contact or something. It never fully cured and wobbled right off.

MultigoretMultigoret
    Participant

I remember a lot of initial cursing and swearing before used some greenstuff… πŸ™‚

WonderSlugWonderSlug
    Participant

That should help. Thanks.

PanO mostly assembled. πŸ™‚ I was rendering today at work so brought some miniatures to occupy me between waits. πŸ™‚

Keymaster

I hated those little things! I also used a little blob of greenstuff. In fact I often use greenstuff and super glue when attaching fiddly joints, as it keeps the piece in place while the glue dries. You have to be careful to smooth out/remove any excess right away though and use very little super glue, as the glue reacts in a funny way to greenstuff.

Participant

I wish they’d just mold the antennae with the head, backpack or shoulders sometimes or make holes to embed them securely into.

While I’m still trying to finish painting Wrath of Kings factions, I went and bought the US Ariadna box today !!!

Keymaster

Those antennae are weird, the holes for them are too big and the pieces way too fiddly and hardly distinguishable from bits of extra sprue.

MultigoretMultigoret
    Participant

Yes but such nice mini’s once painted up. i ordered some more Nomads (2 Intruders, a Hacker and a Prowler) and the microartstudio Operation Icestorm mat. I am in with both feets. πŸ˜›

Keymaster

Definitely tempted by the mat – let me know what it’s like when you get it.

MultigoretMultigoret
    Participant

Definitely will, i also saw the district 5 mat today and will be able to compare. This one looked a bit pale color wise.

Participant

@ wonderslug: I part assemble, then paint the tricky parts, then complete assembly, then touch up. It’s a pain in the you-know-where, though… (painting each individual part then assembling is worse, but YMMV).

Viewing 12 posts - 73 through 84 (of 150 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.