Home Forums The Gaming Room Infinity

Tagged: 

Viewing 12 posts - 85 through 96 (of 150 total)
  • Author
    MultigoretMultigoret
    Participant

I got the Operation Icestorm mat from microartstudio.

I can definitely vouch for that one. Far deeper and brighter color. I don’t know if district one might have lost color from lying in the shop for i don’t know how long but i doubt it.

You will need a second if not a third Moto.tronica Scenery Pack to fill up those 4’x4′ table though.

Operation Icestorm mat

close up Operation Icestorm mat

MultigoretMultigoret
    Participant

Some more pics with 2 Moto.tronica scenery packs, 1 from Operation Icestorm and one additional i bought for 10€ (i have another one from the Ariadna box i ordered during Gencon period which i will build up for the next game).

So 2 packs is the minimum you’ll need if you start out and don’t have any fitting terrain. 3 might be the sweetspot where you won’t have any terrain problems anymore. On from there the sky is the limit really, there are a lot of MDF, resin, hardfoam etc. infinity terrain manufacturer and i guess deadzone terrain might also fit in.

Ois 1

Ois 2

Ois3

Keymaster

Thanks for the pics mate, looking good. Is that cloth or mousemat material?

MultigoretMultigoret
    Participant

mousemat (i wouldn’t buy cloth, i have standards! :P)

WonderSlugWonderSlug
    Participant

Operation Icestorm assembled!

Hope to find some painting time soon.

Waiting on some bases from CustomMeeple so they match the studio bases.

Side note. I came across the art book by Angel Giraldez in a run down game store yesterday, and it had the limited edition Joan of Arc mini still inside! So, you know I had to snatch that up. The art book looks really nice and hopefully I’ll be able to get some painting pro tips inside. Wait….that’s the entire point of the book…I better learn something new.

Oh. I also learned that there is a Houston (Texas) area Infinity group that meets pretty regularly. I was lucky to sneak out to a meetup on my lunch break Friday and watch a couple games with the area Corvus Belli rep and some regulars. I couldn’t be more excited about this game now, and it’s really neat to find fellow players so near me.

MultigoretMultigoret
    Participant

The book is very nice. I haven’t painted up the mini yet. Nice you found a local group. I will try to make some pictures of my next games.

WonderSlugWonderSlug
    Participant

Did you follow Angel’s techniques when painting your Icestorm figs?

I’m going to attempt it, to the degree my skill allows.

Related to that, I finally figured out why my air brush has been giving me issues. The moisture trap attached to the compressor is letting lots of water reach the brush. Many many headaches from that… I’m painting, getting nice even coverage, feeling good, moving along fine, then BAM! spurt of water floods onto the mini and streaks / roughs the whole job up.

I always thought I was over diluting my paints, or just doing something wrong. Nope… Hopefully adding an in-line moisture trap at the airbrush end will solve that problem and make airbrushing actually enjoyable as opposed to feeling like I’m treading a painting mine field, lucky if I get halfway decent results.

WonderSlugWonderSlug
    Participant

I actually just scrolled back through the thread to look for something else, and see you don’t use an airbrush yet. Pro tip:

Make 100% sure to have a moisture trap at the airbrush end of your hose.

MultigoretMultigoret
    Participant

Thanks for the tip. The Airbrush is on my wishlist!

Snapshots from yesterday’s game (didn’t think of making more or even better pictures, i was completely soaked into the game and forgot everything else around me :P)

It’s the 2 forces from Operation Icestorm on the Operation Icestorm mat with 3 sets of corvus belli cardboard terrain.

OIS 1

OIS2

OIS3

OIS3

Keymaster

Looks fantastic!

I have a good airbrush in storage and I really miss it, as I’d love to experiment with it for painting figures (something I’ve never done before) and use it to paint my Dust vehicles.

We just sold our house so that’s the first step on the way to getting the stuff in storage back!

WonderSlugWonderSlug
    Participant

Congrats on selling your house!

Keymaster

Thanks mate!

Viewing 12 posts - 85 through 96 (of 150 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.