Home Forums The Smoking Room Ink and greed

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Universal Head 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

8th
    Participant

Bought a new printer a while back. Epson Workforce duplex printer.

Nice printer, but virtually useless. Compatible inks don’t work in it and I can’t afford to feed it £40 worth of ink every couple of months.

Apparently HP do the same… read the chips and won’t work if not official ink cartridge.

Pure greed. If compatible ink costs £4 why does official cost £40?

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Ahh, printers. Pure evil sent from Hell. Printer companies should be investigated by governments. Quite apart from the fact that their purchasing model encourages obscene waste – when a new printer plus sink can cost LESS than a new set of ink – they are the most frustrating, unreliable, stressful machines on the planet, and the ink and paper prices are ridiculously over-inflated.

After about 4 different printers in just the last five years (Epson, HP, Brother, Canon), I’m currently on a Canon MB5360 which seems to be OK with compatible inks. Don’t buy Epson, their tech is too strict and you have to use their ridiculously overpriced inks. HP actually changed their tech to force people to use their inks.

I often wonder when someone very smart is going to come along and offer value and quality in this industry (printers, ink and paper) and render all these bastards obsolete.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.